Teamsters End Relationship with Key Bank

Teamster local unions across the country have informed KeyBank of Cleveland, Ohio, that they intend to end their financial relationship with the bank. KeyBank and its parent company, KeyCorp, are the primary lender for Oak Harbor Freight...TEAMSTERS BEGIN WITHDRAWING FUNDS FROM KEYBANK OVER STRIKE AT OAK HARBOR FREIGHT

Good..that is great news... then Key Bank won't have to deal with "EVIL" any longer!!!! The Teamster suck and EVIL and corrupt!!!!

Teamster local unions across the country have informed KeyBank of Cleveland, Ohio, that they intend to end their financial relationship with the bank. KeyBank and its parent company, KeyCorp, are the primary lender for Oak Harbor Freight...TEAMSTERS BEGIN WITHDRAWING FUNDS FROM KEYBANK OVER STRIKE AT OAK HARBOR FREIGHT

I keep reading here that the VP's are evil lying people and that they keep spewing disception in oakhanswers and their other websites. But everytime I click on a link that anyone posts about a news article and Teamster website, like the one you have here. It always reads the same, by inflating the number of people on strike. What is a correct number, not the number of reps from the locals but the number that are actually out of work. Not family members, girlfriends, boyfriends, friends of friends of workers or supporters. But actually direct employees of Oak Harbor that are on strike. If someone is going to accuse another of lying, they should then state the facts or they are no better.
When the strike began, the company consisted of around
1600 to 1700 employees, (?) and the union representation consisted of about 400 to 425 that initially walked out. I don't know am I about right on this so far? Out of that initial number it was said that about 125 returned. I haven't heard of any figures for a while. So my point is, What are the accurate numbers and If they are no where near what is being reported.. Who is then lying? Thanks

...When the strike began, the company consisted of around
1600 to 1700 employees, (?) and the union representation consisted of about 400 to 425 that initially walked out. I don't know am I about right on this so far? Out of that initial number it was said that about 125 returned. I haven't heard of any figures for a while. So my point is, What are the accurate numbers and If they are no where near what is being reported.. Who is then lying? Thanks
If I had the numbers or knew them I would tell you. Do what I do. I discount all "facts" from both sides by at least 25% or more for the BS factor and you are probably close to the truth.

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

If I had the numbers or knew them I would tell you. Do what I do. I discount all "facts" from both sides by at least 25% or more for the BS factor and you are probably close to the truth.

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

So, its not completely one sided. If anything both sides are bending it, stretching the truth or plane fabricating things. Sounds just like politics. So remember, whatever the outcome, we all will be the losers. Lobbiests, Representatives and Lawyers are the only winners.

There were between 550 and 600 represented employees when the strike began.

About 130 employees or so have crossed.

That leaves about 420 to 470 represented employees out on the line.

Now, you take that original employee number you threw out there of 1600 to 1700 employees. That number is no longer valid, because of the reductions in numbers due to layoffs and related attrition. I figure company-wide they are at about 600 employees, not counting the strikers.

Portland used to have between 160 and 180 employees, and they are down to under forty front-line personnel and a handful of sales and management staff. Most of the low-level supervisors are now working the dock, which is a euphamism, since there is very little actual dock work taking place in Portland these days.

The California terminals have instituted massive layoffs, and are struggling to keep what employees they have retained working enough to get their hours in.

The company is telling their employees they are running about a 155 O/R. The union estimates it is closer to 170-175 O/R.

Both sides have their propaganda, to be sure. But have no doubt that the company is just about on it's last legs. I know too many people in non-union terminals telling me the real facts, and it's far closer to the union story than the company story...

"...thats another big hit on oak harbor, what a joke..."

Hmmm... what other tactics would you suggest?

Drop a thermo-nuclear bomb on the Glass Palace?

Perhaps if you had the testicular fortitude to walk a mile in our shoes, that would give you carte blanche to make crticisms about our tactics or strategy.

But then you've never stood up for a damned thing in your pitiful excuse for a life, have you?:loser: