ABF | Teamsters Local 710 ABF Dock/Spot & Road Strike Authorization Vote

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
https://teamsters710.com/2018/02/02...abf-dock-spot-road-strike-authorization-vote/

Posted on February 2, 2018 in Freight News

TEAMSTERS LOCAL 710
ABF STRIKE
AUTHORIZATION VOTE

FEB 2 – 8, 2018
DOCK/SPOT & ROAD MEMBERS
Representatives from Local 710 will make sure members receive a secret ballot to vote on a strike authorization. More instruction will follow if a strike is authorized.

The National Master Freight Agreement between ABF & The Teamsters is set to expire March 31, 2018

Negotiations have been lateral at best, and this is UNACCEPTABLE. Our members deserve and demand better. Representatives from Local 710 feel that the company is not bargaining in good faith and needs to hear from you, their employees, that you will not accept ANY contract that doesn’t address the serious issues that face the rank and file. We are conducting a vote to authorize a strike at some point if necessary.

QUESTIONS? Contact Your Local 710 ABF Business Agents:

people_reams-phil-01.jpg

Phil Reams
Send Phil an email »

people_barnhart-ted-02.jpg

Ted Barnhart
Send Ted an email »

DOWNLOAD FL
:hissyfit::ranting2::stirthepot:

Local #710 is one of the two Chicago Locals that have a “White Paper” agreement that runs concurrent to the ABF NMFA,........ and, in some respects, has some provisions that are better than the National agreement.

I don’t know that much about their agreement, and I would hope that a member of 710 could enlighten us in solidarity.

Good luck, Brothers! I hope the IBT negotiating team will be able to coordinate with you guys successfully.....

I guess the good ole boys might have already extended it on their own?
No, the central states voted against its supplemental contract so it pushed all raises to July. The contract expires in March. It says so on the cover of your contract book if anyone carries one anymore.

No, the central states voted against its supplemental contract so it pushed all raises to July. The contract expires in March. It says so on the cover of your contract book if anyone carries one anymore.
this why the last one was voted in. Nobody read it they just listened to what the company and their buddies told them. People take the time to read and pay attention damn it!!!!!!!

this why the last one was voted in. Nobody read it they just listened to what the company and their buddies told them. People take the time to read and pay attention damn it!!!!!!!
Easy there, wheel. I know what the contract booklet says. It’s just that I’ve seen conflicting correspondence. I can assure you, I don’t sign anything without reading it...especially something as important as a CBA. And, I voted no...both times.

There were seven Supplemental Areas that voted down their Supplemental agreement last contract. I'm proud to say Joint Council #40 was one of them.

Couldn't ratify the National Agreement without all Supplements ratified at the same time.

Unfortunately,....with a little bit of company/Union razzle-dazzle,......and against the advice of three of the five ABF stewards in the Area,......the company got the JC#40 Supplement approved with a tiny little "bone" thrown to us,........allowing us to split a second week of vacation into individual days, even if you only had two weeks, (after the vacation slice and dice...)....

Company's "argument/plea" was that every day the Supplement didn't get approved, the company was that much closer to......."closing".....

Contract expires on midnight, March 31st, 2018,.....which is a Saturday. All day Sunday to paint up the picket signs..........

There were seven Supplemental Areas that voted down their Supplemental agreement last contract. I'm proud to say Joint Council #40 was one of them.

Couldn't ratify the National Agreement without all Supplements ratified at the same time.

Unfortunately,....with a little bit of company/Union razzle-dazzle,......and against the advice of three of the five ABF stewards in the Area,......the company got the JC#40 Supplement approved with a tiny little "bone" thrown to us,........allowing us to split a second week of vacation into individual days, even if you only had two weeks, (after the vacation slice and dice...)....

Company's "argument/plea" was that every day the Supplement didn't get approved, the company was that much closer to......."closing".....

Contract expires on midnight, March 31st, 2018,.....which is a Saturday. All day Sunday to paint up the picket signs..........
http://www.tdu.org/media_abf-master-contract-be-implemented-ibt-negotiating-committee-oks-last-rider

What???? You mean...yours isn’t painted already? I paint a new one each time I see a Panther truck, and each time I feel my seniority rights are violated. So, as you can well imagine, I have quite the collection stored up!

What???? You mean...yours isn’t painted already? I paint a new one each time I see a Panther truck, and each time I feel my seniority rights are violated. So, as you can well imagine, I have quite the collection stored up!

Don't forget now,....I'm retired. I'd be on a picket line by invitation of my former co-workers. The only "dog in the fight" I have is the integrity of the negotiation process,...........and my unshakeable belief that Union membership is a First Amendment Right ,.......and my absolute disgust with people who try to belittle, ruin, or invalidate the collective bargaining process...

That includes corporate shenanigans about subterfuge with phony "press releases" to trade papers about an impending sale that would negate any negotiated contract.

That being said,......I would donate my time as a retired Teamster to paint, picket, or otherwise help Union employees keep the collective bargaining process honest and strong. Time and again, I've said the only "stock in trade" a Union has,...is the moral High Ground that comes with honest negotiations to improve working families' lives. Once a Union loses that moral High Ground,...by sinking to the corporate level of lies and deceit,....they are no better than the amoral , money-worshipping, de-humanizing, lie-for-profit, management types that seem to infest most corporate boardrooms nowadays.

I've got two arms , Brother......I can help carry at least two of those signs in your collection........

Don't forget now,....I'm retired. I'd be on a picket line by invitation of my former co-workers. The only "dog in the fight" I have is the integrity of the negotiation process,...........and my unshakeable belief that Union membership is a First Amendment Right ,.......and my absolute disgust with people who try to belittle, ruin, or invalidate the collective bargaining process...

That includes corporate shenanigans about subterfuge with phony "press releases" to trade papers about an impending sale that would negate any negotiated contract.

That being said,......I would donate my time as a retired Teamster to paint, picket, or otherwise help Union employees keep the collective bargaining process honest and strong. Time and again, I've said the only "stock in trade" a Union has,...is the moral High Ground that comes with honest negotiations to improve working families' lives. Once a Union loses that moral High Ground,...by sinking to the corporate level of lies and deceit,....they are no better than the amoral , money-worshipping, de-humanizing, lie-for-profit, management types that seem to infest most corporate boardrooms nowadays.

I've got two arms , Brother......I can help carry at least two of those signs in your collection........
Bless you, canary! It’d be an honor to walk the line with you. Hopefully, it won’t come to that as we pursue a fair contract.

Thank you, My Son.........I'll take all the Blessing I can get......I'm trying to save them up so that when I go to my Final Reward,....I can cash them in and buy the ice water concession in Hades...........

In lieu of my past transgressions in Life,.......and as an Unregenerated Sinner,.....and a Democrat, to boot,........selling drops of ice water to other Sinners at $4000.00 a drop,......is probably the best I can do in the Afterlife.......

Thank you, My Son.........I'll take all the Blessing I can get......I'm trying to save them up so that when I go to my Final Reward,....I can cash them in and buy the ice water concession in Hades...........

In lieu of my past transgressions in Life,.......and as an Unregenerated Sinner,.....and a Democrat, to boot,........selling drops of ice water to other Sinners at $4000.00 a drop,......is probably the best I can do in the Afterlife.......

Go back to work, you have too much time on hand........You won't do!!

Local #710 is one of the two Chicago Locals that have a “White Paper” agreement that runs concurrent to the ABF NMFA,........ and, in some respects, has some provisions that are better than the National agreement.

I don’t know that much about their agreement, and I would hope that a member of 710 could enlighten us in solidarity.

Good luck, Brothers! I hope the IBT negotiating team will be able to coordinate with you guys successfully.....

Didn’t Hoffa pull the white paper agreements from both locals during the last contract negotiations because YRC was in danger of closing their doors if 705 and 710 dug their heels in?