FedEx Freight | Teamsters Roll Call...Who's getting the ball rolling?

Imo, any future organizing by the Teamsters Union in LTL trucking would be a UPSF type of contract. The days of multi-employer pension funds are over.

We could keep are 401k just up the match. We don't have to have a pension. We could have are own fedex pension. It's all negotiable as long as we have collective bargaining done for us.

You should all read lesson 4 of the driver manual that just got updated last week. It's the driver disqualification policy and it's very scary.

I have recently noticed FedEx freight guys on my route talking to me asking questions. Just took it as FYI stuff but it makes sense now. They say 80% of all americans don't like there jobs but the real reason is that its not the job they dislike it is the people who are running the place makes us hate it:6788:.

@ renegade 169.the reason they said big shots in the union told locals hands off is because fedex bought out the union years ago.a little history for you.SBR had the cards signed 8 or 9 years ago fedex sends in grant from Ohio to scare people it worked then they turned around and gave sur a 1.50 phr raise as hush money.now they have to justify that raise to the other centers so they come up with demographics A b c centers.Fast forward Obama and card check Congress all set to pass until Fred Smith threatens to cancel all bowing airplanes contract card check does not pass union goes away. Be wise my friend I do support you n the only way to win is with power in numbers one center can't win but many can good luck.

As it is now, a manager can pull you into his/her office and say and do anything they want. They will never cop to treating you like a piece of crap. However with a Union, you get to have a witness. Now, they will not allow one because that would make them act civil and have the "s" together before they call you in. They will also have to show their paper trail. As it is now, what they say will be uncontested because management has to stick together to pound down the people who actually do the work. For some reason, they hate us. It would be nice to have some backup.

Another nice little thing about being organized is rules that don't change until they are negotiated at the next contract.
And rules that are in print that you are encouraged to keep with you.

Yep, way back when, RC worked under the NMFA. It was so nice to have a pocket sized copy of the contract, always at hand.
Everything in black and white. Not even one letter was gray.

@ renegade 169.the reason they said big shots in the union told locals hands off is because fedex bought out the union years ago.a little history for you.SBR had the cards signed 8 or 9 years ago fedex sends in grant from Ohio to scare people it worked then they turned around and gave sur a 1.50 phr raise as hush money.now they have to justify that raise to the other centers so they come up with demographics A b c centers.Fast forward Obama and card check Congress all set to pass until Fred Smith threatens to cancel all bowing airplanes contract card check does not pass union goes away. Be wise my friend I do support you n the only way to win is with power in numbers one center can't win but many can good luck.

I would be interested in knowing which truck stop lunch counter you received this amazing tidbit of information

Another nice little thing about being organized is rules that don't change until they are negotiated at the next contract.
And rules that are in print that you are encouraged to keep with you.

Just some FYI for you guyz is that work rules or work language in your contract is voted on by the members. Having a voice and respect on the job is a high value price in my book. Just take a look at the trucking craft as a whole with the changes going on. This profession used to be a career, but now corporate america wants it to be a just a job. They will try to treat you like its just a job and not a value to the company to make your livelihood a career. If you're someone with seniority and close to retiring they will make an extra attempt to single you out to fire you, cause without protection they can do that. They'll call it a victory for the management when they can get rid of someone with high tenure cause they won't have to pay out that retirement.

Food for thought is the cliche' "just be glad you have a job" has been a trendy management throws around in meetings to which I always reply to them;
I'm here to work and get paid for a career, not for just to be glad to have a job cause even slaves had jobs and I'm not here to be one.

Thanks for your time fellas and I'm there for your support as I'll take it off the air for you guyz.

I'll still have my pension, that can't be touched. But I still cost more to employ and as such, am expendable.
To ST's great delight.

No delight here. As info, you don't cost much to employ unless you're in trouble with scorecard. If you drive safely, work safely, then the pension issue is really moot. The big question most folks have is healthcare, and my wife is a certified HIPAA professional. She says FedEx by law has no idea what it costs to pay your health care.

The real issue continues to be accidents and tickets. Some folks keep claiming it's acceptable to hit everything in sight. Wrong. Drive safely folks, it really is important. You too Franklin.

ST

No delight here. As info, you don't cost much to employ unless you're in trouble with scorecard. If you drive safely, work safely, then the pension issue is really moot. The big question most folks have is healthcare, and my wife is a certified HIPAA professional. She says FedEx by law has no idea what it costs to pay your health care.

The real issue continues to be accidents and tickets. Some folks keep claiming it's acceptable to hit everything in sight. Wrong. Drive safely folks, it really is important. You too Franklin.

ST
I may be wrong, (not likely) but I thought I had read that we are self insured for medical with Cigna and Aetna being administrators. Ask your wife if the company would still be in the dark as to costs for employees by age demographic.

you do not have to be in trouble with the score card, it doesn't take but one minor accident in the truck or your personal automobile for the points to add up over 20.