TForce | Teamsters say UPS Freight lets union try to organise

A card check agreement is the same as a national vote. If a majority of people at each terminal sign the cards wanting representation, then the company will agree to negotiate a contract.
Best of luck to all those who signed cards before and were intimidated and threatened by management.

Johnnybegood said:
You still need a national vote...I still say no Along with many others,This has happened in the past and we won,Keep your head up.....:smilie_132:

JBG, That was then and this is now. You can't compare the two. Overnite spent millions of dollars fighting the last organizing attempt. Thats not gonna happen this time.

I understand your concerns but I think it's time you realize that UPS is saying they do not have a problem with UPSF being union. Thye know they can make a lot of money with the union or without it.

Only good can come from the latest news.

Johnnybegood said:
I've told you in the past whatever the outcome i'll live with it....I believe there still needs to be a vote ...Good luck.
Pay attention.....The masses have spoken or this would of never happened.....Or did the union buy off UPS? Its over on a national level, now it is terminal by terminal.

greezy trucker said:
Pay attention.....The masses have spoken or this would of never happened.....Or did the union buy off UPS? Its over on a national level, now it is terminal by terminal.
Lets get ready to rumble...............:biglaugh: .Thats funny UPS only did this so the Teamsters wouldn't harass the drivers at customers...No bad PR...........:cool: And as i've stated before they can bypass terminals of their choosing ....Good Luck.

Johnnybegood said:
Lets get ready to rumble...............:biglaugh: .Thats funny UPS only did this so the Teamsters wouldn't harass the drivers at customers...No bad PR...........:cool: And as i've stated before they can bypass terminals of their choosing ....Good Luck.
The ready to rumble needs acsent or something....It was funny, just needs that RRRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAADDDDDYYYYYY TO RRRRRRUUUUUMMMMBBBBBBBLLLLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!

Johnnybegood said:
I've told you in the past whatever the outcome i'll live with it....I believe there still needs to be a vote ...Good luck.

Your vote is YOUR card.....100 people in a terminal......51 sign a card and their status is checked by a 3rd party to be sure they are employed at that terminal.....51 are verified......that is 51 yes......49 NO.......that is the vote.......KK

What if the terminal that gets picked for card count, gets 50+1? We line drivers at LAX haven't had the pleasure of the agreement meeting and I talked to our HR/Safety Director about the meeting and he knows nothing about the agreement or the yellow stripe painted on the entrance of the driveway. Seen some conflicting statements here just would like to get factual info. Local not answering messages.

Look on this website and you will see MANY links to the press releases talking about the agreement between UPS Corp and the IBT............KK

Johnnybegood said:
You still need a national vote...I still say no Along with many others,This has happened in the past and we won,Keep your head up.....:smilie_132:

There will be no national vote.

Each terminal's employees that are eligible will be asked by the Teamsters to sign a form that says they want the union. The company has agreed to be neutral. If the union gets over half at that terminal, then the union and the company will negotiate a contract for that terminal. The union will then go from terminal to terminal.