Holland | Teamsters & YRC reach egreement

I guess it's gonna be another sleepless weekend i bet conway won't be closing those 60 terminals anytime soon thinking we are gonna go under then they can keep em open thinking there gonna get all our freight. just a thought!!!!!!!

sneek preview

started out as a wage concession, but now:

Neither YRC nor the Teamsters disclosed terms of the tentative agreement. But the company had said previously that it was seeking pay cuts, and Teamsters spokesman Bret Caldwell said the deal focused on pay, pensions and benefits

Brent C.

I spoke to Brent on the phone. I asked him if we paid for a vacation because the meeting was in AZ. He said there was a teamster meeting in AZ and it was cheaper to do it there. I told him that everyone from Zollars down should give -not just give up bonus'. He said that was in the talks with the teamsters. He didnt know the details of the negotiations but said we will find out this week. He also said that something was supposed to be included that if they do start making money again, we will be included.

pj

I think you might have taken it the wrong way PJ. If you read the whole article it says that the wages were the only thing on the table. By discussing the wages it would help secure the pensions and benefits for everyone. I'm not saying if they're right or wrong, all I'm saying is what they said.

“I believe our freight members understand the terrible economic conditions that are battering the trucking industry,” said Jim Hoffa, Teamsters General President. “We are facing the worst economic environment since the Great Depression. "We all need to work together" to get through this period of uncertainty. This agreement will help protect tens of thousands of our members’ jobs. Failing to act now would be a grave mistake.”

LET'S SEE IF GIVE UP ANY OF THIER MONEY AND BONUSES !!!

“I believe our freight members understand the terrible economic conditions that are battering the trucking industry,” said Jim Hoffa, Teamsters General President. “We are facing the worst economic environment since the Great Depression. "We all need to work together" to get through this period of uncertainty. This agreement will help protect tens of thousands of our members’ jobs. Failing to act now would be a grave mistake.”

LET'S SEE IF GIVE UP ANY OF THIER MONEY AND BONUSES !!!

Now thats:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I think you might have taken it the wrong way PJ. If you read the whole article it says that the wages were the only thing on the table. By discussing the wages it would help secure the pensions and benefits for everyone. I'm not saying if they're right or wrong, all I'm saying is what they said.

I think you may be right, just getting a little jumpy, Thanks

I spoke to Brent on the phone. I asked him if we paid for a vacation because the meeting was in AZ. He said there was a teamster meeting in AZ and it was cheaper to do it there. I told him that everyone from Zollars down should give -not just give up bonus'. He said that was in the talks with the teamsters. He didnt know the details of the negotiations but said we will find out this week. He also said that something was supposed to be included that if they do start making money again, we will be included.

pj
Yeah they are gonna call and say, guess what we are making money here comes yours! Yeah right, give back lose out never see your money again!