SAIA | Temp drivers....

mlang216

TB Lurker
Credits
Your company use them? My current company just started using temp-to-perm drivers and I was wondering if you guys ever have them come through the door. Saia won't call me back, but FedEx, Central, SEFL, YRC, and a couple of no-names have. Saia is closest to me and I really wanted to hear from them. Wondering if this could be a backdoor strategy to get in, knowing there would be a 3-month pay cut at the beginning.

This idea hit me because I saw an agency posting posting in Grand Prairie for a P&D gig Monday through Friday. Being in Dallas, I immediately thought Averitt or Saia is probably posting. I may be wrong.

Any thoughts guys?

It can sometimes take awhile for saia to make call backs. It can take like 3 Months for saia to call. Corporate is the one that goes thru all applications and calling. Do you have all your endorsements?

Yeah I have everything. I actually had to decline a FedEx interview. The state screwed up and matched my prints up with someone else or some lame excuse. Took my hazmat 3 months to clear but everyone I applied to thinks I have it because I said I did haha. So when it took that long I declined a few interviews but took a few as well. Sucks that happened, but I'm just waiting now.

I think I want Saia the most. Hopefully my job history won't screw me. I Left my current company for MB, and went back to my current. Meaning I put in 9months, 4 at MB, and now a month here again.

I was really thinking city, but I'm becoming open to linehaul. I like the idea of no customer interaction. What do you do? I was kind of wondering about pros and cons.