Yellow | Tennessee Volkswagen plant votes against union in UAW defeat

funny the state is threating their taxes if unionizing is pursude
This is most likely going to the NLRB because politicians tainted the vote and the vote maybe null in void . This is plain extortion and intimation on behalf of those three politicians .They threaten not granting them permits to expand the plant . They also threaten to take away incentives that would benefits the company . BTW this is coming from the party that wants to keep government out of private business.

This is most likely going to the NLRB because politicians tainted the vote and the vote maybe null in void . This is plain extortion and intimation on behalf of those three politicians .They threaten not granting them permits to expand the plant . They also threaten to take away incentives that would benefits the company . BTW this is coming from the party that wants to keep government out of private business.

Can you show where the permit comments were made by the politicians? Or the threats to take away the incentives? All I can find is the comment made by Bob Corker - “I've had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga,”

HMMM Seems to me there was a freight company as of late that did just about the same thing, Not by keeping unions out, but keeping corruption within...Those dumb American Truckers voted not because of politicians, but rather what the company was threatening, with the backing of the IBT... AMAZING

I think in principle it is the same by comparison...Both voted out of fear...One voted to keep the union out....One voted just for a paycheck and the destruction of their pensions,along with those wanting to and are already retired!!!

Ya forgot about those BIG nutted ABFers that voted out of fear too.

Was any company's name mentioned?

Your right wolf. Abf contact was passed from fear... I have said that from the start. And was passed while company was profitable.. Not denying that fact..

Wolf you have read enough of my post...
1.Tell me anywhere in my post have I been for either of these POS contracts...ABF, OR YRCW...
2. Tell me where I have ever said that ABF contract was not done without greed... This goes for your little cheerleader that supports you with likes... NEITHER ONE OF YOU CAN!!!

No mistake...I wasn't the cheerleader trying to get either one of these passed... you have to talk to the cheerleader abount that!!!

Just some of the facts my Friend, ya conveniently forgot a few.

Wolf Tell me where I mention any company name in this post...You can't...Yes every contract passed of late was done with this same tactic...FEAR...and like it or not the company's and the IBT knows this works... You also know when any company takes cuts it can and will effect every other company, and driver either directly or indirectly...

Don't tell him Wolf, keep him guessing, it drives him nuts! :hysterical: :LMAO:

Don't flatter yourself... I already know the truth about you, and I am not the one trying to hide behind anything... YOU ARE!!! Personally I could care less who you work for, but then again I am not the one hiding the truth...again YOU ARE...

Was any company's name mentioned?

Wolf you have read enough of my post...
1.Tell me anywhere in my post have I been for either of these POS contracts...ABF, OR YRCW...
2. Tell me where I have ever said that ABF contract was not done without greed... This goes for your little cheerleader that supports you with likes... NEITHER ONE OF YOU CAN!!!

Wolf Tell me where I mention any company name in this post...You can't...Yes every contract passed of late was done with this same tactic...FEAR...and like it or not the company's and the IBT knows this works... You also know when any company takes cuts it can and will effect every other company, and driver either directly or indirectly...

Papa don't get coy with me man......When ya leave at at "voted for destruction of "their" pension that pretty much singles out the only Teamsters you were taking shots at. Sorry my friend, your post not mine.

Can you show where the permit comments were made by the politicians? Or the threats to take away the incentives? All I can find is the comment made by Bob Corker - “I've had conversations today and based on those am assured that should the workers vote against the UAW, Volkswagen will announce in the coming weeks that it will manufacture its new mid-size SUV here in Chattanooga,”
I have to learn how to copy and past articles to T/B There is a piece in the Daily Kos , Google :Tennessee Republicans celebrate union loss at Volkswagen by talking subsidies .I also read or got something from a news talk show that V W was told that if they became a union shop that they would not be given permits to expand the plant .
That is what Corker was talking about when he said I'VE HAD CONVERSATIONS TODAY to assure that workers should vote against the UAW . He did not elaborate what the conversation was. Now I 'm pretty sure what that conservation was .

Papa don't get coy with me man......When ya leave at at "voted for destruction of "their" pension that pretty much singles out the only Teamsters you were taking shots at. Sorry my friend, your post not mine.

Not coy at all... Just being honest...I put in what I wanted, and you read it the way you wanted...

Anybody that voted yes for any company concessionary contract deserves just what they voted for...Even people that supported this just to make sure their pensions are protected are just as much to blame...knowingly or not!!!

Its time people start taking responsibility for their actions, and be held accountable... Your actions is going to effect your kids and grand-kids futures!!!

Wolf your pension can and will be affected too. I just hope you can live with the results!!!

The decisions we are making with our company's and the IBT is not good... I just hope their will be a Union left, NOT FOR THE IBT LEADERS, BUT FOR THE MEMBERS!!!

Not coy at all... Just being honest...I put in what I wanted, and you read it the way you wanted...

Anybody that voted yes for any company concessionary contract deserves just what they voted for...Even people that supported this just to make sure their pensions are protected are just as much to blame...knowingly or not!!!

Its time people start taking responsibility for their actions, and be held accountable... Your actions is going to effect your kids and grand-kids futures!!!

Wolf your pension can and will be affected too. I just hope you can live with the results!!!

The decisions we are making with our company's and the IBT is not good... I just hope their will be a Union left, NOT FOR THE IBT LEADERS, BUT FOR THE MEMBERS!!!
Papa I said before I fully expect my pension to be impacted. Now when ya come up with a plan OTHER than belittling people on how they vote, or whining about a vote count on TB let me know. I just may get onboard.

I have to learn how to copy and past articles to T/B There is a piece in the Daily Kos , Google :Tennessee Republicans celebrate union loss at Volkswagen by talking subsidies .I also read or got something from a news talk show that V W was told that if they became a union shop that they would not be given permits to expand the plant .
That is what Corker was talking about when he said I'VE HAD CONVERSATIONS TODAY to assure that workers should vote against the UAW . He did not elaborate what the conversation was. Now I 'm pretty sure what that conservation was .
To bring an article in you can open it on your browser, hi light the html link up top and copy it to your clipboard (ctl+c will copy anything you have hi lighted). Then when you are typing in your post there's an icon of the earth with something at the bottom of it (nice description, eh), which you click on and it brings up a box that says 'Please enter the URL of your link:'. Put your cursor in the box and push ctrl+v and the web address you copied will come in. After the web address is there click on 'ok' and it will show up in your post dialogue box. Click on 'post quick reply' and there it is.

Papa I said before I fully expect my pension to be impacted. Now when ya come up with a plan OTHER than belittling people on how they vote, or whining about a vote count on TB let me know. I just may get onboard.

You got it wrong again... I am not whining about vote count... Not sure where you came up with that... But yes I am trying to say that it does matter how one votes...Not just for themselves, but for generations to come... This is going to have consequences on many for years... I am saying that this was just done for a paycheck. Nothing more...Nothing less...

They wonder why they are not able to hire new workers... Look around.... Who wants to come to work for company's like YRC or ABF... Once about a time this used to be a respectable occupation... Not anymore!!! The way things are going their is not going to be a pension, and will have Obama Care for insurance... Company's are not able to hire new employees, so the Company's and the IBT is conspiring to keep drivers longer, and raise the retirement age... Pretty soon we will not be able to retire till age 72 or later knowing their are not able to hire enough workers for the future...

Its time to wake up and start thinking about not just ourselves, but to think about the next generation, and the effects it will have on them...

You got it wrong again... I am not whining about vote count... Not sure where you came up with that... But yes I am trying to say that it does matter how one votes...Not just for themselves, but for generations to come... This is going to have consequences on many for years... I am saying that this was just done for a paycheck. Nothing more...Nothing less...

They wonder why they are not able to hire new workers... Look around.... Who wants to come to work for company's like YRC or ABF... Once about a time this used to be a respectable occupation... Not anymore!!! The way things are going their is not going to be a pension, and will have Obama Care for insurance... Company's are not able to hire new employees, so the Company's and the IBT is conspiring to keep drivers longer, and raise the retirement age... Pretty soon we will not be able to retire till age 72 or later knowing their are not able to hire enough workers for the future...

Its time to wake up and start thinking about not just ourselves, but to think about the next generation, and the effects it will have on them...
Wildcat.......that's your only option that I can see Papa. Can I even suggest that not being in the work force any more? All this ranting on Forums and emailing Senators has produced nothing to date. And nobody seems to care how you or I think they should vote on any Issue/Contract/Politician, or even IBT President for that matter. The Occupy main street stuff went no where. Protests at State capitals, recalls, all failed. I got nothing....... nothing, so OK I'm awake.....whats the plan?

What gets me is 212 did not vote! Quite a blind eye of the issues on the table weather 4 or against to vote! People fought for your rite to do so at least exercise the rite!:usa: What is an eye opener here is roughly 580 million in tax incentives to work here and the such! That wanna makes me :9529:but that is the world we live in anymore to do business in the US A total kick in the nuts would be if they ship the production to MEXICO because we used up all our tax credits! Dump and run
In the last Teamster International vote here in the US, less than 15% of those that could vote, ever did. That is why we have so much corruption in the International and at the Local level. Voter apathy. The cronies of officials of these "corrupt" officials make sure THEY vote and are rewarded for doing so. Way too many members who do not even vote, complain about the corruption. They are the reason the bad ones keep their jobs and steal money from the members. Example; Brad Slawson, Jr. and "Daddy" Brad Slawson, Sr. formerly of Local 120 in St. Paul who, with their friends, stole A LOT of money from Local 120 members. They have still not been held accountable. The whole story is in the IRB report of 2013. Can you blame the non-union people for not wanting people like this to steal their money? The long history of corruption of a FEW union officials has painted the entire union movement as crooks. Blame our own union bosses for the bad image THEY have created for the Teamsters.