TForce | Terminal manager resigns!

upsfreightnate

TB Lurker
Credits
The terminal manager for minneapolis resigned. Reasons unknown but he hung it up on friday. Thats great for someone (me) who is supposed to start this week. But I have to remember that we went through 6 center managers at FedEx Freight in less than four years. What a buisiness we're in.

I would tend to believe that theexisting crop of TM's will be thinned consideranly over the next year......they just don't bleed brown

I beleive it was because there was such a laid back, we're happy to be where we are type atmosphere that most got away with being mediocre managers....well that stuff don't cut it with big brown. The guy in minneapolis (who was a real nice guy) did drag his feet to get me "hired" I got a call a month later and last week got all my paperwork filled out online and then, he quits. So the acting manager calls me today and says he'll call tomarrow with my start date. It is kinda funny I got more accomplished in one day with the new guy than I did in a month and a half with the old. Soon I will no longer get pi$$ed on by Yellow but S--t on by big brown. Yee haw.

upsfreightnate said:
The terminal manager for minneapolis resigned. Reasons unknown but he hung it up on friday. Thats great for someone (me) who is supposed to start this week. But I have to remember that we went through 6 center managers at FedEx Freight in less than four years. What a buisiness we're in.

It's the same thing in the union world. TM's are a number just like you and me. Been at Preston 12 years and had 5 different TM's (one was TM twice, for a total of 6 changes). Been at Roadway 7 years and gone through 4 TM's already.

Animo916 said:
It's the same thing in the union world. TM's are a number just like you and me. Been at Preston 12 years and had 5 different TM's (one was TM twice, for a total of 6 changes). Been at Roadway 7 years and gone through 4 TM's already.
Lol, I know most of those TM's, I can see why.

Laid Back TM in Columbus, OH

I guess the TM in Columbus OH must be laid back also. Some of the dock workers with CDL's have been trying to get certified for driving jobs for the last 6 months. They just posted new bids and they can't sign them because they are still not certified yet. I was told all the TM does is sit in his office and plays golf on his computer all day.
Well this can't be true he did fire a dock worker this week!!!!!!!!!!!