Estes | Terminal with best mechanics

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
What terminals have the best mechanics that really take care of without griping like its hurting them? I vote Pulaski and thats not my home terminal. The guys at Pulaski are in my opinion the real deal of mechanics. Ive never had a complaint from them and they have always done good work. My terminal which i dont wont to mention their mechanics seem to just not want to deal with much.Always making excuses or grumbling to you about bringing stuff in. This is just a cheers and good job guys to the ones who deserve it.

What terminals have the best mechanics that really take care of without griping like its hurting them? I vote Pulaski and thats not my home terminal. The guys at Pulaski are in my opinion the real deal of mechanics. Ive never had a complaint from them and they have always done good work. My terminal which i dont wont to mention their mechanics seem to just not want to deal with much.Always making excuses or grumbling to you about bringing stuff in. This is just a cheers and good job guys to the ones who deserve it.
Pulaski, hands down

I agree Pulaski! No excuses and they seem grateful to help. Not my home domicile either.

I have to give Nashville an honorable mention for being close to useless to be such a big shop, like in a 2Pac song, they see me pull up and they run !
Went into Nashville one day and pulled up in front of the shop went in and ask if they could check my tractor out and about 5 guys sitting there said we are on break right now. All on break at same time. I agree Nashville is lacking.

Whats sad is when you pull up to a shop thats not your home terminal and the bytch you out for something coming out of their budget. Im just a driver trying to get home dont know about this my budget their budget stuff i just need something looked at and maybe fixed.

I agree that Pulaski is great and probably the best I’ve been to.

I had a younger evening mechanic in Philadelphia a couple weeks ago go out of his way to ask if I needed anything for my tractor and was super personable. I couldn’t believe it. I’m used to mechanics at a lot of shops rolling their eyes and wanting to run off when I need help with anything.

The relatively new shop at 040 Savannah has had constant personnel issues and there’s nobody there at night for road drivers.

Been having a whole slew of drivers having problems with the e.l.d freezing up and staying on duty not shifting to drive. Mechanics said call peoplenet and peoplenet said take it to the mechanics. Just a revolving door of nobody wanting to fix them

I broke down at the corner of delp and shelby dr in Memphis one day, which is the southeast corner of the terminal. Couldn’t get the shop to answer the phone so I walked over and found a mechanic. I pointed to my truck which was right on the other side of the fence and he told me I had to call breakdown.

Been having a whole slew of drivers having problems with the e.l.d freezing up and staying on duty not shifting to drive. Mechanics said call peoplenet and peoplenet said take it to the mechanics. Just a revolving door of nobody wanting to fix them
you wont have that problem when you start using samsara

It’s been going for a short while at a few terminals in the east. They have a lot to work out with this new system. Self dispatch doesn’t work at all on it (yet), you have to manually switch duty status for every occasion every time the truck is started, doesn’t recognize geofencing at all. It’s very primitive and unrefined so far.

When y’all say self dispatching what do you mean by that?
The load info comes into the ELD, you type in your dolly and then when you leave the terminal or meet point it departs you. Our dispatchers used to do all that manually. Say your gate time is 9pm and they don’t give you your hook until 8:55. They could still type in that you left at 9:00 and then the destination terminal is wondering why you’re 45 minutes late. Self dispatch prevents that.

It’s been going for a short while at a few terminals in the east. They have a lot to work out with this new system. Self dispatch doesn’t work at all on it (yet), you have to manually switch duty status for every occasion every time the truck is started, doesn’t recognize geofencing at all. It’s very primitive and unrefined so far.
Yeah sounds like a dream. Can’t wait.

The load info comes into the ELD, you type in your dolly and then when you leave the terminal or meet point it departs you. Our dispatchers used to do all that manually. Say your gate time is 9pm and they don’t give you your hook until 8:55. They could still type in that you left at 9:00 and then the destination terminal is wondering why you’re 45 minutes late. Self dispatch prevents that.
You been around a while if you remember the term " gate time " somehow it slowly changed to " cut time " which has no meaning at all