Estes | Terminal with best mechanics

Well that kinda sucks ass… OD you had to give 30 minutes past your gate.
Yeah it does. It’s probably my biggest gripe about this place.

It can be pretty lax around here and it can be aggravating and at the same time very nice. For the most part nobody bitches at you and you’re kind of free to do your job without too much oversight. At the same time, some people take advantage of that and it can be frustrating when it affects you.

Yeah it does. It’s probably my biggest gripe about this place.

It can be pretty lax around here and it can be aggravating and at the same time very nice. For the most part nobody bitches at you and you’re kind of free to do your job without too much oversight. At the same time, some people take advantage of that and it can be frustrating when it affects you.
I seen them cut runs on guys who had lay downs and the next night they call in wanting a turn so they can get back on their scheduled bid run, and be told they have nothing and to call back every few hours to check if they get something. Like you can just wait up till they have something when they could just as easy call you so you could lay down and sleep until they call you which is highly unlikely if they cancelled your run anyway. They said you had to be on the ready but they are not. I have seen several times in the winter the drivers area slammed packed with wild drivers waiting to see if they were going to run that night. It makes you scratch head sometimes.

I seen them cut runs on guys who had lay downs and the next night they call in wanting a turn so they can get back on their scheduled bid run, and be told they have nothing and to call back every few hours to check if they get something. Like you can just wait up till they have something when they could just as easy call you so you could lay down and sleep until they call you which is highly unlikely if they cancelled your run anyway. They said you had to be on the ready but they are not. I have seen several times in the winter the drivers area slammed packed with wild drivers waiting to see if they were going to run that night. It makes you scratch head sometimes.
Winter time at OD usually meant a bag on Sunday, empties back Monday. Tuesday you’d ride the board all day and just when you didn’t want them to call they would, “hey be in at 23:00, we need you to go to MIA”… hard to do but you did it, because if you refused due to fatigue you got pushed to the bottom. Next day would end up being the same thing, so you grit your teeth and do it. Hope to catch a couple of ATL meets once you get to MIA, then empties home on Friday night.