Yellow | Terminals for sale

chris

TB Lurker
Credits
Just had a meeting yesterday. Was informed that the Raleigh, Durham and Sanford terminals are up for sale and the three will be combined within a year or two. No location as of yet. I assume the Yellow terminal by the airport between Raleigh and Durham.

had a team of survayers on the winston salem property 5/8

This is from Hilo342 in a Yellow thread:

"The reason there are surveyor's at various terminals, (including Roadway Kansas City) has to do with the restructured loans YRC has taken out. Terminals that are owned, were surveyed to verify collateral."

Which is the same thing I got from mgt when I asked about it.

property surveyors

was told the same thing at 671 (winston-salem) they survey everycouple of years to verify for banks, loans,collateral ect....if anyone has RELIABLE info about the sales or closings of Raleigh, Durham, and Sanford....we'd like to know at term. 671....these are major feeders of freight to our dock operation here.....is this rumor or fact:toxic:how about it Christopher?

Yes G-man you are right I was waiting to see how out of hand this would get first. They have to get a fair market value of all properties, so they do not have their little "800" million dollar mistake again. Has to be done for loans collateral etc.

hey stroud, keep us posted on the latest up there.....we're all anxious for accurate info....to many rumors here to weed through......just the facts please:toxic:

Yes, it is a fact that Sanford, Raleigh and Durham are combining in about a year. We had a meeting with Sales, Terminal Managers and a e-mail from B. Price. So this is a fact! No rumor. The location is what nobody knows yet. Some say the Yellow terminal in Morrisville(RTP). But that is just a rumor.

I have a picture of the For Sale sign at the Raleigh terminal. I cannot figure out how to post it. There is a For Sale sign up in Sanford and Durham as of yesterday.

DSCF0902.jpg

If a terminal has a ton of spare capacity, expect the company is going to throw two operations into one location.

Yellow Columbus is huge and not a breakbulk anymore. My guess is that Roadway will fit into the same facility since Yellow is just a city operation now.

I think it is a good way to save money. Is that a bad thing?

:wacko:

OK everybody take what you want before the ship sinks lol:chairshot::hide::hysterical: have some faith brother we not dead yet close but not yet lol:smilie_132: