Yellow | Terminals for sale

I know they are combining the 3 terminals to save on Linehaul costs. It also saves on property,taxes, office help, supervisors, managers and so on.They will make about 6 million for the land in Raleigh. I think it is good business to combine terminals. You have to cut costs somewhere.

You go ahead and find one Roadway will be around long after your gone

I GUESS YOUR NEW ON THE BLOCK AND YOU DON'T KNOW BETTER..........:chairshot:ANYTIME YELLOW PUTS THERE HANDS ON ANOTHER COMPANY IN A FEW YEARS THERE GONE:smilie_132: THEY DRAIN THAT COMPANY DRY AND MOVE ON I SEEN IT DONE ASK GUYS WHO WORK FOR PRESTON SO DON'T BE IN SHOCK IF OR WHEN IT HAPPENS:hide:

Its a different situation, Roadway is the money maker in this deal and Yellow knows if they dismantle Roadway so goes Yellow, were not goin anywhere

yellow will just take all roadways accounts and just let them die. like preston,red star, roadway, the yellow name will liv on and all others will not

I GUESS YOUR NEW ON THE BLOCK AND YOU DON'T KNOW BETTER..........:chairshot:ANYTIME YELLOW PUTS THERE HANDS ON ANOTHER COMPANY IN A FEW YEARS THERE GONE:smilie_132: THEY DRAIN THAT COMPANY DRY AND MOVE ON I SEEN IT DONE ASK GUYS WHO WORK FOR PRESTON SO DON'T BE IN SHOCK IF OR WHEN IT HAPPENS:hide:

They did it with us at Jevic.Bought for $220 million.sold it thru SCS for $40 million.Drop in value was without selling off real estate.

yellow will just take all roadways accounts and just let them die. like preston,red star, roadway, the yellow name will liv on and all others will not

The corporate name is YellowRoadway. Roadway is, has been, and always will be the cash cow. Without Roadway, there will be no YRC........period.

If you know Roadway's history, you would know that the previous holding company (Caliper) spun us off from the nonunion subsidiaries. They said we wouldn't last a year. Well low and behold, 10 years later, Roadway is still here and all of the nonunion subsidiaries are gone. The best thing that could happen to Roadway would be to be spun off again.

ditto

The corporate name is YellowRoadway. Roadway is, has been, and always will be the cash cow. Without Roadway, there will be no YRC........period.

If you know Roadway's history, you would know that the previous holding company (Caliper) spun us off from the nonunion subsidiaries. They said we wouldn't last a year. Well low and behold, 10 years later, Roadway is still here and all of the nonunion subsidiaries are gone. The best thing that could happen to Roadway would be to be spun off again.

Amen, Hallelujah. Pass the offering plate :thumbsup:

I guess you did'nt notice that YELLOW is the first name not roadway. and now all top management is from yellow, no one is there for roadway. by ! by !

The only nonunion subsidiaries that are gone from Roadway Services is Coles and Spartan. RPS is now a very large company called FedEx Ground. Central is still doing quite well in their part of the country. Robert's Express is now known as FedEx Custom Critical. Roadway Express was spun off before those companies became Caliber System, which FedEx later bought. I still think Roadway should have gotten some money for that deal.

if rps was still in the roadway family you would be looking at roadway as fed ex. roadway freight ,roadway package, roadway logistic etc.etc. just the wrong time and wrong managment.

The only nonunion subsidiaries that are gone from Roadway Services is Coles and Spartan. RPS is now a very large company called FedEx Ground. Central is still doing quite well in their part of the country. Robert's Express is now known as FedEx Custom Critical. Roadway Express was spun off before those companies became Caliber System, which FedEx later bought. I still think Roadway should have gotten some money for that deal.

If you read the Central threads, you would realize they are not doing nearly as well as you claim. More than one change in ownership, on the verge of bankruptcy, basically a company in disarray. Viking, which you didn't even mention, had shut down all operations east of the Mississippi, and the rest was obsorbed by Fedex.

snake eyes said:
if rps was still in the roadway family you would be looking at roadway as fed ex. roadway freight ,roadway package, roadway logistic etc.etc. just the wrong time and wrong managment.

Fedex would not have bought a union company the size of Roadway. Possibly, the past rumors of UPS buying Roadway would have come true a long time ago.

I think the closest Roadway has ever been to closing down was when we were spun off by Roadway Services. I give Roadways president at that time, Michael W., credit for pulling us through a very scary ordeal.