Averitt | Test Trucks

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Here are some pictures of the test trucks that run on LNG. Avrt is leasing them from Ryder, which is next door to the FUL serctr. The drivers are 50/50 on them as far as pulling power. Spoke with a shuttle driver from FUL at AUG on Friday...he was not impressed at all....definitely not happy with the 6 speed tranny!.
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
2s1x3k9.jpg

wmm7gg.jpg

w7lwqv.jpg

2zsmkcx.jpg

I think my fear would be of those monster propane tanks hanging on either side. I would shudder at the thought of someone nailing me in the side of those things. A rolling bomb.

But we all know AE....Anything to further the silly "Going Green" movement is what they are all about. Damn The Torpedoes...PROGRESS at all costs.

Many companies are mounting the tanks.......Behind the Cab.......Everyone may think LNG is the way to go......of course they don't consider the effects of one of these bad boys lighting up after a accident or catastrophic mechanical failure!......Not me...I'll quit before I drive one of those OTR.

Many companies are mounting the tanks.......Behind the Cab.......Everyone may think LNG is the way to go......of course they don't consider the effects of one of these bad boys lighting up after a accident or catastrophic mechanical failure!......Not me...I'll quit before I drive one of those OTR.

Well I thought I'd never buy into the automatic trannys. However, like you, I think the LPG would seal the deal for me (along with electronic logs)...some things I don't intend to do.