Texas-Truck full of chickens flies off overpass

SevenOfNine

TB Lurker
Credits
The wreckage told the story: A Budget rental truck split in half, surrounded by dozens of frozen chicken breasts scattered on the ground.

Police investigate fatal accident that left fresh chicken scattered on the ground

“He swerved a little to the left and back to the right and which point he made the connection with the wall and just flipped over,” said Houston Police Department Truck Enforcement Sergeant Teresa Curry.

The driver of the rental truck was killed.

Omar Al-Tariq watched it unfold from his windshield.

“All of a sudden I began to see the truck tilt, “ he said. “And as the trucked tilted I saw the driver struggle to try and maintain control of it. And at that time I made a short prayer that. I prayed that it didn’t go over.”

The trucks spinning tires marked the column they bounced off of on the way down.

Both witnesses and investigators speculate the load of frozen chicken breasts might have shifted causing the 63-year-old driver to lose control.
010.jpg

060.jpg

HOUSTON METRO | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas

I saw a news report last month about a Fed Ex driver loosing his rear trailer. It looked like the same overpass?!? Seems like I remember it was in Texas, also. DS.