Texas-Two found dead in 18-wheeler

SevenOfNine

TB Lurker
Credits
The partially clothed bodies of a man and woman were found inside the cab of an idling 18-wheeler at a Southeast Side truck stop Wednesday.

The bodies were so badly decomposed that investigators couldn't immediately determine a cause of death. The Bexar County medical examiner's office will conduct an autopsy today.

There were no indications of foul play, Sgt. Tom White said, noting, "there were no obvious signs of trauma."

Two truckers at the Petro Stopping Center in the 1100 block of Ackerman Road, close to Interstate 10, noticed a foul smell coming from the neighboring truck around 2 p.m. and alerted managers, who called police.
The truck had been idling next to theirs since they arrived at the truck stop Saturday, they said. It's not unusual for truckers to leave their vehicles on while they're resting to allow the air conditioning to work.

The truckers said they hadn't seen the couple except for shortly after they arrived, when they noticed the outline of a figure getting inside the truck.
MySA.com: Metro | State

Yep it's creepy and the thing if they died of poisoning by carbon monoxide,it's happened more then most think. Carbon monoxide is called the "silent killer" for a reason because it's not always noticed.

I noticed when I was traveling with a friend and he had the truck idling at night,I would get headaches. I realized what was happening and opened a window a few inches and told him he needed to get it checked out.
My friend never realized why he had recurring headaches because he just did not think of carbon monoxide coming in the sleeper and the causes. Most people don't give it a thought even in their own homes.

I went out and got him a carbon monoxide detector for the truck. I suggest every driver that uses a sleeper to get one. And you need one for the home too.

7 of 9, Is diesel able to produce carbon monoxide ? I thought it was only gas, ( natural / gasoline ). I was probably wrong. I know that the black soot that we wash off
( visible on washcloth) , and breath in the trucks is a carcinogen. cancer causing agent.

:ohmy: :shades: :sick: :puke:

ace wheel cat said:
7 of 9, Is diesel able to produce carbon monoxide ? I thought it was only gas, ( natural / gasoline ).

Yes sir,diesel fuel can produce carbon monxide.

Sources of Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide can leak from any of the following items:

* Gas stoves
* Gas water heaters
* Gas clothes dryers
* Fireplaces or firepites
* Wood stoves
* Gas or charcoal barbecues
* Gas or oil space heaters
* Smudge pots
* Gas or diesel generators
* Gas or diesel cars and trucks
* Motorboats
* Motorcycles
* Gas-powered lawn equipment

For more info on this.....
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Recognizing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms - First Aid for CO Poisoning