TForce | TFI sells CFI

Crumudgeon

Guru of the Gobblydeguk Constitutionalist
PREMIUM
Credits

TFI sells CFI to Heartland Express..

Bedard says: We will reinvest the capital into our existing network of LTL and TL divisions.
Long overdue Mr. Bedard, show us you are here to stay...

"We could not have found a better match culturally and financially for this transaction, which will afford CFI the opportunity to flourish and allow us to redeploy capital and focus our U.S. based efforts on LTL, asset-light logistics, and specialized truckload units".

Redeploy capital etc.

Bullshittery decorated corporate speak.

Lets be plain. Say this instead:

FINALLY we can spend money.

The rest of it is a love song. The carcass in the marriage bed will start putrefying and rotting soon enough.

I’m going to give TFI the benefit of the doubt and be positive about their leaner and meaner plan. We have not even begun to spread our wings.

I bet his team scoured the US landscape of terminals and noticed how much lipstick was really behind the crippled pig. I really hope he deploys that capital properly. Our economy is not making him as much money right now.
I’m hearing they are trying to realign territories, create less miles between points. I think some terminals will probably have to be closed and/or consolidated into new or existing facilities.

I can appreciate your sentiments Mr Dockworker. It balances me out a little bit.

There is a hell of a lot of lipstick in this Industry. I remember my trucking school facility. It was a fine breakbulk operation transfer building in it's day on a few acres. But the street outside was crumbling since world war two which was what that section of the city did for the bomber war effort. And the place did not have very much put on to it in the way of maintenance and upkeep.

All that money represented by 22 Students in Student Loan Notes signed at 2500 dollars tuition each comes out to a total of just shy of 50,000 US Dollars for four months on weekends. It would take me years but relatively little went out to actual costs of teaching the 22 of us to get our class A's back then.

We kept a couple of Mr Fix Its of some sort of undetermined immigrant status in the pad which passes for a garage. We kept one lady to ride herd on Uncle Sam in a office on Haven Street downtown and a small number of Instructors who were working in trucking when not standing in the classroom teaching. Some of them have later encounters in my life after graduation in a variety of ways and in several cases the companies they were with no longer exists. (Blue Diamond on Pulaski Highway comes to mind for one...) another's back failed delivering gasoline years later. I think a third passed on.

The school abruptly locked up one day a few years into my early trucking time. Out of business. Poof. The place sat empty for months unwanted. In a City that really did not put much money into anything. Only took it and spent what little it must.