TForce | Tforce sucks

They will not fix the equipment. They will not replace the broken or worn out hand trucks or replace the worn out pallet jacks. We have to rob Petter and pay Paul to put together a hand truck or pallet jack. They cut over half of the doors we can use to run dock operations. This is the most counterproductive asinine mess I have seen. They are back at harassment and threaten people’s jobs.

They won't be able to compete with ODFL,XPO or even Estes. TForce is going to be the next Yellow. At least Yellow knew how to move freight, They were in business for 99 years, Tforce on the other hand purchased a bad UPS investment that cost them money to run every year until they found a sucker to buy the company (TFI) now they still have bad left over ups small pack reject Management running it further in to the ground. Tforce with be picked apart and TFI will lease the terminals out.

Id be putting in applications if possible. I know it's the slow time of the year. Hopefully things turn around for you guys. I hate to see people losing their jobs or not having enough work to make it.

It's ABF and Tforce I think volpe is union but they are small they are the last union LTLs ABF is a great company Tforce is not I think the new contract is killing them and fact that Yellow went under and they picked up next to zero of those accounts it's a matter of time before they go under and with xpo expanding their footprint it's game over for Tforce

They will not fix the equipment. They will not replace the broken or worn out hand trucks or replace the worn out pallet jacks. We have to rob Petter and pay Paul to put together a hand truck or pallet jack. They cut over half of the doors we can use to run dock operations. This is the most counterproductive asinine mess I have seen. They are back at harassment and threaten people’s jobs.
Don't leave a dolly or pallet jack? Bring the freight back. Pretty simple.

It's ABF and Tforce I think volpe is union but they are small they are the last union LTLs ABF is a great company Tforce is not I think the new contract is killing them and fact that Yellow went under and they picked up next to zero of those accounts it's a matter of time before they go under and with xpo expanding their footprint it's game over for Tforce
The companies operation ratio is the best it has ever been. You may not like working for them, but the company is making more profit than it ever has per dollar spent .
There are so many ways to make things work for yourself as a senior employee, if you are at the bottom of the list you are in trouble. That is that . The company is cutting the fat everywhere.

They won't be able to compete with ODFL,XPO or even Estes. TForce is going to be the next Yellow. At least Yellow knew how to move freight, They were in business for 99 years, Tforce on the other hand purchased a bad UPS investment that cost them money to run every year until they found a sucker to buy the company (TFI) now they still have bad left over ups small pack reject Management running it further in to the ground. Tforce with be picked apart and TFI will lease the terminals out.
They didn't find a sucker; they found a partner. UPS was looking to get out of freight without looking like they failed, and TFI has the ability to make that happen. The 5-year transition from UPGF is IMHO a way to sunset the company without making UPS look like a failure. This will allow TFI to liquidate or if all goes well to continue to operate in a profitable setting even though that seems unlikely at this point.
One of the signs is right in the new contract, pension increase and lower insurance co-pay at the end of three years. That lines up nicely to the 5-year plan. The lack of equipment and the lack of maintenance is a serious issue and once again IMHO will come back to bite them on the ass big time. The word of constant overloads and no maintenance will catch the attention of the FHWA and the DOT and cost them big when the carrier rating drops. That is where the driver must shield themselves from liability, if its heavy or not compliant don't do it. No matter what they tell you, you are responsible, the driver has the last word on roadworthiness and the Law is behind you.
As always, be safe.....

They didn't find a sucker; they found a partner. UPS was looking to get out of freight without looking like they failed, and TFI has the ability to make that happen. The 5-year transition from UPGF is IMHO a way to sunset the company without making UPS look like a failure. This will allow TFI to liquidate or if all goes well to continue to operate in a profitable setting even though that seems unlikely at this point.
One of the signs is right in the new contract, pension increase and lower insurance co-pay at the end of three years. That lines up nicely to the 5-year plan. The lack of equipment and the lack of maintenance is a serious issue and once again IMHO will come back to bite them on the ass big time. The word of constant overloads and no maintenance will catch the attention of the FHWA and the DOT and cost them big when the carrier rating drops. That is where the driver must shield themselves from liability, if its heavy or not compliant don't do it. No matter what they tell you, you are responsible, the driver has the last word on roadworthiness and the Law is behind you.
As always, be safe....
The equipment gets repaired at my terminal. The only issue is it takes to long.
The company is making more profit than it ever did, and that includes when it was a non union carrier .
Tfi has proven that UPS freight was a bloated cow, whos only purpose was keeping small package accounts happy.
I doubt there is any plan at all, except making the operation ratio numbers.

Bedard said do more with less!

Tforce is not looking to expand at all.
They are downsizing to management and some terminals to make it more manageable in their sense I guess.

They could care less about what other carriers are doing they just keep buying up companies and sooner or later make them profitable or sell them off.

I think Tforce will survive but they won’t be as big as they once were.

The companies operation ratio is the best it has ever been. You may not like working for them, but the company is making more profit than it ever has per dollar spent .
There are so many ways to make things work for yourself as a senior employee, if you are at the bottom of the list you are in trouble. That is that . The company is cutting the fat everywhere.
If Their OR is the best it ever was (upper 90's) put the out of business sign on the gate now talk to me when the OR is in the 70s or 80s tforce couldn't shine ODFL shoes.

Tfi just spent 1billion, so they have money it’s just a matter of where they want to keep investing it at.
It's not in Tforce they can liquidate Tforce and it not hurt TFI some companies make bad investments buying ups freight was one of them.

Last edited:
As always, be safe.....
Again one of the biggest freight companies went out of business Yellow and they didn't even
get 1% of the freight bad management bad sales people damaged freight tforce won't make it to the next contract
They should do what YRC did in 2009. Start screwing the employees out of wages and benefits, then they can last another 14 years.
I'm sure that's coming Lol

Yea bc they’re selling everything. When they run out of property to sell it’ll be back to a 99 OR lol