ABF | Thank full and tired

Rodeo

TB Regular
Credits
I work out of a small terminal. And work 55 to 60 hours a week . This is the hardest I've ever worked being in a union. Going on 22 years I just hope my body will last. Was a line haul driver for holland now pd for Abf. just trying to complete my 30 years. Being on the bottom again really sux! Just venting

I work out of a small terminal. And work 55 to 60 hours a week . This is the hardest I've ever worked being in a union. Going on 22 years I just hope my body will last. Was a line haul driver for holland now pd for Abf. just trying to complete my 30 years. Being on the bottom again really sux! Just venting
Your not a true ABF P&D driver until you have completed the following…..
Elliptical delivery (liftgate inside delivery)
Cotterman Ladder delivery
Cedar works delivery (residential liftgate hand freight delivery)
Lutron delivery (multiple boxes very long boxes to be exact lots of them)
Cabelas/Bass pro shops delivery (gun safe liftgate delivery)
Levi’s Delivery (liftgate heavy leaning pallets..)
Amazon returns

Oh and don’t forget the good ol long blue shrink wrapped pallets (liftgate delivery pallets way too long gotta do the drop safely off liftgate and back of trailer trick)

You get bonus points if you have ran the flatbed all day strapping and unstrapping at multiple stops (don’t forget hard hat when required)

And you get even more bonus points when you have ran the lowboy with the Princeton and dropped off some upack relocubes from center lane on a busy street…

Amazon returns

Oh and don’t forget the good ol long blue shrink wrapped pallets (liftgate delivery pallets way too long gotta do the drop safely off liftgate and back of trailer trick)

You get bonus points if you have ran the flatbed all day strapping and unstrapping at multiple stops (don’t forget hard hat when required)

And you get even more bonus points when you have ran the lowboy with the Princeton and dropped off some upack relocubes from center lane on a busy street…
I won't do Relocubes in dangerous situations....they have a cowboy at my terminal for that...

Amazon returns

You forgot the lifetime sheds, Bowflex & portable garages....

I won't do Relocubes in dangerous situations....they have a cowboy at my terminal for that...
That always makes me mad' when you have someone that will do what the other men won't do for safety reasons!! As far as the exercise machines go, always keep a pair of very dirty gloves in your truck. If wife answers the door run your gloves across the box suggest her husband unpack it and put, where she wants it because of the dirt! If husband answers suggest him and a buddy unpack it and put it away, because you know the fit your wife would throw if you brought in the dirty box in her clean home!! Only once that didn't work and I knew it wouldn't when I saw the house outside as I pulled up lmfao!!

Last edited:
That always makes me mad' when you someone that will do what the other men won't do for safety reasons!! As far as the exercise machines go, always keep a pair of very dirty gloves in your truck. If wife answers the door run your gloves across the box suggest her husband unpack it and put, where she wants it because of the dirt! If husband answers suggest him and a buddy unpack it and put it away, because you know the fit your wife would throw if you brought in the dirty box in her clean home!! Only once that didn't work and I knew it wouldn't when I saw the house outside as I pulled up lmfao!!
That's using your head driver....

Are you accepting tips? For inside deliveries?

That always makes me mad' when you someone that will do what the other men won't do for safety reasons!! As far as the exercise machines go, always keep a pair of very dirty gloves in your truck. If wife answers the door run your gloves across the box suggest her husband unpack it and put, where she wants it because of the dirt! If husband answers suggest him and a buddy unpack it and put it away, because you know the fit your wife would throw if you brought in the dirty box in her clean home!! Only once that didn't work and I knew it wouldn't when I saw the house outside as I pulled up lmfao!!
I took an oath with my Teamster brothers that if they attempt a delivery and bring it back for example in a 53 saying it needs a pup and I get that delivery the next day in a 53 even if I know I can make it in I also I bring it back because it needs a pup… we don’t outshine one another and set the bar too high as to where a delivery needed a pup starts getting sent in a 53

I took an oath with my Teamster brothers that if they attempt a delivery and bring it back for example in a 53 saying it needs a pup and I get that delivery the next day in a 53 even if I know I can make it in I also I bring it back because it needs a pup… we don’t outshine one another and set the bar too high as to where a delivery needed a pup starts getting sent in a 53
Exactly right….Then they send someone else into a dangerous situation….

It's alright dude. We all vent on here. Its kind of like therapy

Thanks for the encouragement. I need it . Am going to keep pressing
You sound like you are from the old school and we do what we have got to do to make it and take care of our families. Who knows there may be a lineal run come open for you. Id do the same thing as you to finish out my time to get my pension. Hang in there and i will say a prayer for you.

That always makes me mad' when you have someone that will do what the other men won't do for safety reasons!! As far as the exercise machines go, always keep a pair of very dirty gloves in your truck. If wife answers the door run your gloves across the box suggest her husband unpack it and put, where she wants it because of the dirt! If husband answers suggest him and a buddy unpack it and put it away, because you know the fit your wife would throw if you brought in the dirty box in her clean home!! Only once that didn't work and I knew it wouldn't when I saw the house outside as I pulled up lmfao!!

Are y’all still doing residential inside deliveries? All we are told to do is inside the garage.