The BIG Meeting

TeamsterForever

TB Lurker
Credits
Well, they had their meeting to discuss whether to go through with the Chapter 7 filing. No one knows the outcome besides those who were in attendance. I 'll take a stab at a scenario. Tomorrow will be business as usual. Freight will be delivered and pick ups made, that's if they have fuel in the equipment. Over the weekend they will store all the freight in trailers and move as much equipment to an undisclosed location. On Sunday, when the locals call in for a start time you may get the bad news via recording or nobody will be there to answer the phone. Take all your personal belongings home with you to be on the safe side. They may not allow you on the property if they lock you out. That's if your tractor is even there.
You will be entitled to compensation through the WARN ACT, which states that an employee cannot cease operations without a 60 day written notice. Hopefully it never gets to that point and it has nothing to do with the union... ALL EMPLOYEES fall under this protection. I hope I'm wrong with this prediction and Harry puts his personal money back into the company, restoring it back to it's Hey day. Start from the top down, getting rid of existing management and train people who care not only about the company but it's employees the way Harry intended it to be.

Yeah I just don't know about that. Why at this time would they file? Summer was always when nct del the most freight, didn't they just buy new trucks, and if this is the case why are many upper level management still there? They would have to see this coming, things like this just don't happen over night...

none of this crap makes any sense its sad and i have a question how do you know this ? or you just reaching ?

Six years later and we're still waiting on our warn act monies
All company's file bankruptcy in Delaware were it is business
friendly. Judges are Easley bought and sold there
good luck drivers and all support personel

Following thread. I'm not affiliated with NCT, my husband drives for ODFL; but these rumors are all over Facebook, and being an admin of several trucking groups and pages on there I am following this very closely. I admin The Missing Truck Driver Alert Network and a few other groups, and today the head admin of MTDAN created Trucker Lifeline, to help any truckers who may be stranded due to companies shutting down suddenly.

I wasn't going to post, just lurk; but I just heard something from one of my members on FB that seems to confirm the rumors, and I know him to be pretty good at finding info and ferreting out misinformation. He said that the BBB has been told by NCT that they are indeed winding down operations. I hate to see this happen to anybody, but especially truckers who may get stranded as a result. I am following this very closely and hope you will allow me to lurk on the forum. I fear NCT may be the next Arrow...

I actually do have a question for you all. What about Northwind and Western? Both are affiliate companies - will they be affected by a shutdown as well? Trying to plan accordingly for the Lifeline group, so we have a rough idea of what we all may be facing tomorrow. Thanks!

Congratulations on helping those in need. Why would CT notify the BBB of an impending shutdown? Not saying they didn't, I just don't see what they would do it.

don't care if you believe me or not beachday, just trying to post truthful information to the drivers because NCT is not. My sources haven't been wrong yet. Unfortunately all the news has been negative...I'd love to post something positive but like I said I'm only posting truthful info like I've always done in the past.

PHP:
don't care if you believe me or not beachday, just trying to post truthful information to the drivers because NCT is not. My sources haven't been wrong yet. Unfortunately all the news has been negative...I'd love to post something positive but like I said I'm only posting truthful info like I've always done in the past.

Really? I would find " new sources" as the whole Harry Sis packing up was just not true. People's jobs are at stake! Please try and only post first hand info as all these rumors don't help the matter.

PHP:

Really? I would find " new sources" as the whole Harry Sis packing up was just not true. People's jobs are at stake! Please try and only pitst first hand info as all these rumors don't help the matter.

Then you would have to ask why doesn't management show their faces and awnser or put to bed these rumors?! There lies the culprit! As long a they stay behind those doors it will only get worse

I was just called by a carrier they use a lot in Northwind and the owner was told the bad news by the boss and he was telling me he may be out over $10,000 because of what's going on

I can only say that two reps from different carriers, and a former Northwind OPS MGR confirmed a winding down of operations. I have had three different NC reps in the past year, and one resigned unexpectedly after 14 years. Nothing definitive has been told to me, and I remain one of their top LTL customers with two trailers out per day. I have been using other carriers since Wednesday, because no one has confirmed or denied anything.....It is the drivers and people who do the work that I feel bad for. After 35+ years I have seen the likes of Carolina, CF, APA, Interstate, Preston etc...fold up. Greedy and terrible management is usually the culprit.

well i was up at the yard tonite...and friday was always hopping...locals are just trickling in. 1 yard jockey running. fuel islands are blocked by trailers. can only acces from exit side to one pump without trailer. drivers are saying goodbye to each other. people are coming out with bags and boxes.