Yellow | The Big Shell Game

let's not forget to mention the hasty exits of the very solid management & sales staff New Penn had. the smart ones told Yellow to FCK OFF, ASAP. the others were eventually shown the door. to his credit, a Yellow TM by the name of P. Dooley was shown the door after he outright refused to fire a few supervisors at my terminal. i was shocked, as were most when he walked out of Yellow & into Duie Pyle as their TM in the Bronx. let me see someone try to blame the union here
To take this just a little further, you really had to extend yourself in a special way to get Paul Dooley to fire you. He never made a move unless he was absolutely certain that he could make it stick. Chronic and extensive absenteeism was a big issue. Having an accident and not reporting it was up there. Coming to work with a D.U.I. was up there. Failure on a random will get you going too. He was a fair person and didn't deserve that kind of treatment.

To take this just a little further, you really had to extend yourself in a special way to get Paul Dooley to fire you. He never made a move unless he was absolutely certain that he could make it stick. Chronic and extensive absenteeism was a big issue. Having an accident and not reporting it was up there. Coming to work with a D.U.I. was up there. Failure on a random will get you going too. He was a fair person and didn't deserve that kind of treatment.
I've heard this about him a few times. folks always said he a was a fair man. i met him once a few yrs ago. all former Yellow guys told me he was good to work for