Central Transport | The Final Act

turn gps of!!!!! run as plainer routed it....
They will write you up for that....If you continue to do it you will be terminated.....Like I said, they can be manipulated and you can beat them at their own game. They have created a 'US' and 'THEM' mentality and I personally don't like the game. But they started it and I won't be walked on....So bring it on....If they want to keep taking from us while they pad their pockets at our expense. Then I will do what I can to re-coup my losses.

Everyone needs to understand these tablets know your exact location within a few meters....Hit the latitude icon and watch yourself move down the street. They are very accurate. If used properly they are a very useful tool to management....If you move just a few meters it knows.....So your best to sit still. If you pull out of a dock and move 20 feet you can be seen on the GPS......You could forget your tablet at a certain location or play other games to beat the system but that's up to you. Listen I'm not condoning fu***** off. I'm only saying I will get what's coming to me regardless of how much they take away (up to and including termination because I don't care anymore) because I'm beat down. Nothing is fool proof and you will always find people that will find a way to beat the system. If you can't see that, just look at the way management has continued to give raises to upper levels despite our financial crisis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at Jack Cooper and they are union....Got an inside track. I do know how physically demanding it is, having said that I appreciate your advice. I have a lot to think over in the next few months. I will most certainly be ready to make a move in the spring. Thinking about hauling gas here locally too, it's much less demanding and the money is good....Many options here in Texas to stay around 60K.

Hauling hazmat in tankers is a DOT magnet. At least it is here in Ohio. I have some friends that haul gas out of the refinery and the DOT always stop them. Also hauling gasoline can be nerve racking getting into and out of tight gas stations with knuckle-head customers smoking and walking up to you while you are unloading.

Everyone needs to understand these tablets know your exact location within a few meters....Hit the latitude icon and watch yourself move down the street. They are very accurate. If used properly they are a very useful tool to management....If you move just a few meters it knows.....So your best to sit still. If you pull out of a dock and move 20 feet you can be seen on the GPS......You could forget your tablet at a certain location or play other games to beat the system but that's up to you. Listen I'm not condoning fu***** off. I'm only saying I will get what's coming to me regardless of how much they take away (up to and including termination because I don't care anymore) because I'm beat down. Nothing is fool proof and you will always find people that will find a way to beat the system. If you can't see that, just look at the way management has continued to give raises to upper levels despite our financial crisis.
terminate me for pulling out of the dock so the next truck can back in and i can finish up paperwork = unemployment and look for another job sooner than have to when doors close. : )

carry tin foil, wrap your tablet, it will cover the GPS and not know your location (and not be able to transmit later as an update) before i left one of the stroker guys at my place explained how he screwed the system. just another reason i left!!!

carry tin foil, wrap your tablet, it will cover the GPS and not know your location (and not be able to transmit later as an update) before i left one of the stroker guys at my place explained how he screwed the system. just another reason i left!!!
I'm not here to screw them....I'm just so sick of them wanting us to go the extra mile when they themselves want to do nothing.

I'm not here to screw them....I'm just so sick of them wanting us to go the extra mile when they themselves want to do nothing.

i hear you R.T. if you do a good job you get more piled on you, if you slack off you get drop and hooks, corp and management put us in our predicament, but we get the freezes and cuts while they keep lining their pockets and don't skip a beat.

Would anyone care to guess when this place will shut the doors? You know, The Final Act. We all have speculated on many other threads but the title of this thread seems to say it all. So lets throw a few dates around and while we are at it lets give our opinion on when things started going wrong. Call me a fool but I still hold out hope that in 2014 the new Vitran will finally arrive. With a fresh approach and a new sales force to lead the way. With many of the problems fixed and the technology in place we could actually have at least a chance. But make no mistake if we can't turn it around in 2014 we are done. I think all along the shareholders knew it would take some time to get things in place, they knew loses would continue to climb all through 2013.....They were prepared for this. But 2014 is a do or die year and they must see results. After all is said and done we will be able to look back and say for certain that Chris Keylon is where it all started to go horribly wrong.
all these FedEx people had failed and then were fired and then they ran vitran and brought there Dumbass buddies to help **** thinks up .....WHY ARE THE FEDEX PEOPLE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU WERE LET GO AT FEDEX CAUSE YOU SUCK! REALLY SUCK!!! NOW YA SUCKING THE BLOOD FROM VITRAN ...WHAT EVER...

all these FedEx people had failed and then were fired and then they ran vitran and brought there Dumbass buddies to help **** thinks up .....WHY ARE THE FEDEX PEOPLE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU WERE LET GO AT FEDEX CAUSE YOU SUCK! REALLY SUCK!!! NOW YA SUCKING THE BLOOD FROM VITRAN ...WHAT EVER...
I have never understood why these FedX former executives have been given carte blanche. What are these guys suppose to be? The saviors of Vitran. "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a metaphor used that refers to a person or group holding and unquestioned belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination. It appears the shareholders could become a victim of the FedX special brew. Only time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read Chris Keylons LinkedIn resume......Its really pretty impressive. But considering how much money we are losing you would think they could have found someone with a Masters degree in Business Administration.

Take the FedX off his resume and he's just and average Joe. A 4 year degree I believe is all he has and that's not really a lot considering his position. And his lack of business knowledge is showing big time. Funny how its not what you do here at Vitran, it's where you have been and what you have done somewhere else that's important.

Where's 12bars famous videos when you need them. H.E. yours keep buffering....Your good, but 12bar is the man....Got a PM to him.