Central Transport | the final solution

26 million in debt= a failed business idea,the vitran legacy employees were told vitran bought pjax never any mention of merger, hamel came out to my terminal wanting to see the people he was selling his company too he even started to cry what a wanker, but he made out like a bandit. 5 yrs later the failed ideas of gaetz,kosovec,keylon are bringing all of us down

Today is the 5th year anniversry of the "big" bank filing for bankrupcuy. Do all of you not remember 2008 and the down fall of this countrys economy? Vitran n pjax happened at the worst time. Yellow n roadway happened at the worst time. They both happened around the time this country went into a depression. So as a former vitran "legecy" driver, i believe whole heartedly that the banks(aka the greedy sob's) are to blame on all of the trucking worlds problems. Seriously, you cant take on that much debt,when the country tanked. All the mergers and buy outs in 07--08 where bad timing. Plain n simple, the ones that got a bail out ( banks, wall street, and the auto industry) dont feel the pain that us in trucking felt. Thats why we should all sit at home at least one or two or three of the days in october 12-14th. Lets see how well off this country will do hen WE THE TRUCKERS FORGET ABOUT THEM, AS THEY FORGOT ABOUT US.!!!
I wish I could like this more than once.

Today is the 5th year anniversry of the "big" bank filing for bankrupcuy. Do all of you not remember 2008 and the down fall of this countrys economy? Vitran n pjax happened at the worst time. Yellow n roadway happened at the worst time. They both happened around the time this country went into a depression. So as a former vitran "legecy" driver, i believe whole heartedly that the banks(aka the greedy sob's) are to blame on all of the trucking worlds problems. Seriously, you cant take on that much debt,when the country tanked. All the mergers and buy outs in 07--08 where bad timing. Plain n simple, the ones that got a bail out ( banks, wall street, and the auto industry) dont feel the pain that us in trucking felt. Thats why we should all sit at home at least one or two or three of the days in october 12-14th. Lets see how well off this country will do hen WE THE TRUCKERS FORGET ABOUT THEM, AS THEY FORGOT ABOUT US.!!!
Good one $$ .....We sure miss you here. I follow you some at UPS Freight.....Hope you and the family are well. I know you had a rough go for awhile. I wish you only the best.

I wish I could like this more than once.

Everyone got screwed $outh$ide$tree$$, not just us truckers. A lot of people were able to refi their homes under water as long as their mortgage originated before June 2009, those that didn't are screwed. We all gut trucked by the gov't bailout of the banks, cept Chrysler and GM and their UAW unions.

Why would FedX buy a company thats almost out of biz. They don't need the US side and they are already in canada. Remember they bought Watkins out a few years back. That is just wishful thinking. Vitran has no assets that hold any value, just debt.

Just figured they would want Canada from us! Something is going on we sold all the west terminals and selling and scrapping trailers and tractors everyday! Plus there are alot of TM from FedEx and alot of other employees from FedEx it just makes sense to me

There is no question that the banking industry dealt a blow to all industries. But we cant blame the banks for our condition today, not when most LTL carriers have recovered. SAIA, Con-Way and FedEx have all recovered. Look at ODFL......operating ratio of 85.5 for the first two quarters. I took some ribbing for lamenting the closure of our Rapid City terminal....and that's fine everyone is entitled to their opinion. Appearently Old Dominion surveyed the area, and opened up a terminal, they wouldn't do that unless they thought they could make money. The same thing happened with Estes and some of our other locations. That tiny terminal is a sympton of the problem. 3 years ago little ole Dayton freight moved into my hometown, today they have more drivers than we do.The bottom line is what we have been doing for the last 4-5 years isnt working. If you were going to start an ltl company would you pattern yourself after ODFL or Vitran?

Last edited by a moderator:
Odfl
There is no question that the banking industry dealt a blow to all industries. But we cant blame the banks for our condition today, not when most LTL carriers have recovered. SAIA, Con-Way and FedEx have all recovered. Look at ODFL......operating ratio of 85.5 for the first two quarters. I took some ribbing for lamenting the closure of our Rapid City terminal....and that's fine everyone is entitled to their opinion. Appearently Old Dominion surveyed the area, and opened up a terminal, they wouldn't do that unless they thought they could make money. The same thing happened with Estes and some of our other locations. That tiny terminal is a sympton of the problem. 3 years ago little ole Dayton freight moved into my hometown, today they have more drivers than we do.The bottom line is what we have been doing for the last 4-5 years isnt working. If you were going to start an ltl company would you pattern yourself after ODFL or Vitran?
Odfl. They sure know how to make a profit. And they also dont use contractors to haul their freight. ( at lest i dont see them in their yard in nashville). Something is brewing with vitran. My meet man said he has a kid that works at fed-ex frght in chicago heights. He said he has been a part time dockworker for over a year.( with no CDL), his kid and 29 other part time dockhands got full time. He said they are getting ready for the massive amount of freight they r guna get realky soin from vitran. I asked him if that meant accounts switching to fedex or if vitran was going under? He said that part he doesnt know. But like some of you on here, i too think its alittle fishy that vitran has a crap load of management from fedex, all i can say is good luck and i will try to find out more to see whats really behind all these dockhands getting full time. You know as well as i do, LTL companies mostly quit giving out full time status to dockworkers unless u had a CDL.

I love a good conspiracy theory.....cue X files music..............Fed Ex learned from their Watkins purchase, why spend a ton of money to get a bunch of equipment and real estate that you don't need and deal with a gang of disgruntled employees? Rather than buy out your competition just send a management team over to sabotage it, then you can pick up their good accounts at no cost. Back to reality, Fed Ex isn't opposed to trying to destroy the competition, when YRC was nearly dead Fed Ex offered YRC customers a 90% discount for 90 days trying to put the final nail in the coffin of YRC. $outh$side, Let us know what you find out......trust no one

Last edited by a moderator:
Odfl
Odfl. They sure know how to make a profit. And they also dont use contractors to haul their freight. ( at lest i dont see them in their yard in nashville). Something is brewing with vitran. My meet man said he has a kid that works at fed-ex frght in chicago heights. He said he has been a part time dockworker for over a year.( with no CDL), his kid and 29 other part time dockhands got full time. He said they are getting ready for the massive amount of freight they r guna get realky soin from vitran. I asked him if that meant accounts switching to fedex or if vitran was going under? He said that part he doesnt know. But like some of you on here, i too think its alittle fishy that vitran has a crap load of management from fedex, all i can say is good luck and i will try to find out more to see whats really behind all these dockhands getting full time. You know as well as i do, LTL companies mostly quit giving out full time status to dockworkers unless u had a CDL.

Dockworkers don't get paid the same as drivers,at FedEx at least. So even if they are fulltime it's still a savings for the company.

at vitran, they canned most fulltime dockworkers and have drivers make 20-24 an hr work dock instead. need i say anymore on this companys brilliance?