Yellow | The First Self-driving Car You See May Be An Uber Truck On The Highway

Come on, it's been happening forever. There used to be guys who were expert at making barrel staves. See any openings for those jobs anymore? How about firemen shoveling coal on steam engines? How about Linotype operators? How about telegraph operators? It's called progress and neither you nor I nor anyone else can stop it. Evolve, learn, and adapt or get left behind.
Change is not everything it's cracked up to be. That's all I'm saying.

Then my question is what happens to those "Left behind"? What kind of society are we that we take meaningful work from those that are, As you say "Limited" and let machines do the work.
Do we make the welfare rolls bigger? To take away the diginty (Bad spelling, Sorry) of work away from any Human beings and give it to machines is wrong.
Progress is not all it is cracked up to be. People are gonna get hurt.
For the last 30years, factories have been leaving the US for other lower paying countries. Every time, 2,000 employees lose their jobs. Then years later the company moves back, needing 120 workers to man the plant. The jobs are now automated meaning so few employees are needed that transporting these products half way around the planet costs more than higher pay for so few employees.
I miss watching Mr. Rogers going through the neighborhood showing how average people made things for a living. Now we all are expected to live off "service jobs". If you make nothing, how many services should you need done?

Could we be focusing on the wrong group of people here? Maybe the real problem is how do we manage those that will seek to hoard the wealth generated by automation.

Maybe not next week, or next year, but this is coming.

Come guys ! Give ur head a shake . Yes is it coming . YES !!! But in our driving career life time . HELL NO !!!! Governments at least in our life time will insist there be a human be hide the wheel to monitor it . Just like there is today in any automation plant today.
Second hv none of u driven a new truck wit all the new bells and whistles on it . Hv u let truck drive itself threw traffic . Snow or heavy rains threw construction area with black out old line and painted in new . They fail big time . Warning sensor always going off when ur no where near the lines. Truck breaking hard when no vehicle in front of u.
Can the make a self driving truck Yes . Can the make it last to drive for a million miles no !!! Cause these new ones can't drive 10 k miles before they hv sensor problems
It's like they said the electric car would replace the gas car in the 90 . Here we are 25 years later and they hv only put a small dent in the market . It will happen . We just won't be driving to see it .