Yellow | The future of the Teamsters Union

RottenRalph

TB Lurker
Credits
My vision, the Teamster Union’s trucking segment has set itself up to have a future. The buy out of the Pension fund by UPS and the current organizing of UPS Freight outside of the National Master Freight agreement is the future of the Jimmy Hoffa Junior Teamsters Union!

Current member of the Union’s Master Freight company’s wondered why UPS Freight wasn’t included in the Freight Division. The truth is, the Freight Division and its Defined Pension is done. The fund is not fully funded and never well be. The current Master Freight contract was negotiated unlike any other and members wondered why the Union pushed it so hard! Because, when the company fails and it will fail, Hoffa will raise his hand up over his head and say it’s the Companies fault, look we gave them everything they wanted. Mismanagement, not the Teamsters caused this failure.

Don’t worry Junior well have a job after the fall, the next generation of Teamsters well be Brown. My question, how will he explain the eventual Government take over of the unfunded Pension fund. Well he just walk away from all the current Members of the Union and the years they have invested in the pension system? What of the old soldiers who have retired and depend on the pension for their very existence? Well he treat them like war veterans? Speak about the sacrifices and praise them while there pension are looted and controlled by the Government? The future does not include you fellow Master Freight Teamsters. The future is social health care and undefined pension in Juniors Teamsters Union. Senior would be so proud?

Not sure how close you are to what may or may not happen but it makes a teamster stop and wonder what the future does hold for us. I guess if we had a crystal ball to see the future we wouldn't be in the trucking business to start with. If all this would or does come to pas then JR. would need a 24/7 bodyguard , don't ya think ???

Hard to believe that the backbone of the Teamsters will be gone and that the freight trucks rolling up and down the road wouldn't be a union carrier. Guess I got a better chance of survival being a truck driver in Iraq

Hard to believe that the backbone of the Teamsters will be gone and that the freight trucks rolling up and down the road wouldn't be a union carrier. Guess I got a better chance of survival being a truck driver in Iraq

60%of ltl freight is non-union. That explains why the contract changed so rapidly.

I found this video of Teamsters in training at the union hall of Local 771, a company's union. We are soldiers and well programed machines.... :order:
soldier

Not sure how close you are to what may or may not happen but it makes a teamster stop and wonder what the future does hold for us. I guess if we had a crystal ball to see the future we wouldn't be in the trucking business to start with. If all this would or does come to pas then JR. would need a 24/7 bodyguard , don't ya think ???
If I was just starting out as a truck driver in todays LTL industry I would stay away from the Teamster carriers. I hit peer 84 last April and now I'm just waiting for the right time to retire. If I was halfway to retirement, I would be doing all I could do to help the Teamster carrier I'm working for to survive. I read so many of the posts on these boards from all you unhappy Teamsters and I have to just shake my head. Why do you guys just keep shooting yourselfs in the foot. Are you all going to high five each other when your Teamster carrier folds and you loose the time you've put into your pension fund?

If I was just starting out as a truck driver in todays LTL industry I would stay away from the Teamster carriers. I hit peer 84 last April and now I'm just waiting for the right time to retire. If I was halfway to retirement, I would be doing all I could do to help the Teamster carrier I'm working for to survive. I read so many of the posts on these boards from all you unhappy Teamsters and I have to just shake my head. Why do you guys just keep shooting yourselfs in the foot. Are you all going to high five each other when your Teamster carrier folds and you loose the time you've put into your pension fund?

why is mud the .... can bad mouth teamsters on yellows thread

Good video Stan, I was in the Corps, Full Metal Jacket is one of my favorite movies, depicts life in boot camp pretty close, at least when I was in, boot camp 1986-1987.
The movie Full Metal Jacket is probably the only movie I have seen that shows what Marine Corp boot camp was like in the late sixties.
mud
USMC 1969-1973

keeping the head above water

The movie Full Metal Jacket is probably the only movie I have seen that shows what Marine Corp boot camp was like in the late sixties.
mud
USMC 1969-1973

If you can find it the seige of "Firebase Gloria"
is a great leather dog movie.

Back on topic about our future I think we shall see our future after getting thru this freight depression we're in. Some of the nons are already trying to counter punch us. We got competitors offering 84% discounts to customers. Aint gonna make no $$$ hauling it for almost free and with the price of fuel these days in this market driven economy.

This is a special moment unlike any before to either thrive or survive.

I hear you screwy louiey, I want them to make it! But just like CF the union is working against them (remember double breasting)? How can Yellow compete with UPS Freight if they get a substandard contract. Let alone all of the nonunion competition

clear thinker

If you were in Central States Fund you'd be thinking differently. The hole is dug, it's just a matter of time before we're thrown in instead of Jimmy JR.

Amen brother. I wonder if the affiliate pensions that all the union officals carry will be taken over when the worm turns