Yellow | The glass is half full.

Comftblynumb

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a ton of negative press on these threads about the Teamsters and Yellow because of the change?? Seems to me that many folks were dishing out negative waves before the change and contract were even thought of. It is very depressing to be engulfed in all this discontent. While I agree that I would liked to have things stay as they were, I am in desprate need of the positive spin on these changes. Please try to refrain from Flaming out those who respond with any POSITIVE remarks as that has been done on other threads to death.

Here is all I can come up with for the moment, please contribute:

1. Might make more work than we realize?? When they put corridor road work in New England, the hubs were supposed to loose work but the total opposite happened. The extra boards acctually had more work to cover our overflow, book-offs etc. Perhaps the same will happen with more gusto as its all time sensative. Hope so.

2. Strengthen our market share?? Despite what all the gloomy sales and management types say, in my terminal, we are the top ltl company in the area. Your ccx's and overnite's have only succeeded in taking all the garbage frieght. In the area I peddled before coming back on the road, I handled double the volume of any other ltl company with half the area to cover. I was hustling my brains out while others were sitting under a shade tree. According to the Union stereotype, it was supposed to be the other way around?? We could DOMINATE the LTL biz in my area if we could do what we advertise.

3. Stay in business?? Yeah, alot of us have rode a couple frieght companies out and it's not fun. There is a whisper out there that the change is the opening act of Yellow's demise. NO WAY. We are competative. We are in a good position in a bad economy. There is doom and gloom coming from mgmt and drivers but Yellow continues to pay off it's debt (the biggest anchor on our stock price) despite one of the worst economic periods since 1930's. One must hope for the best here because there are no options for us left anymore. (no I haven't forgotten you ABF)

4. The union is still the best game in town. There is all kinds of talk about being sold out etc, but would you rather go to another company? (not going to mention any names) The fact that our health plan is one of the best out there is taken for granted. Our pension is the envy of all. Too many companies (non-frieght and frieght alike) have had there 401k's tampered with or lost all together. I feel that my BA is an absent minded boob, but that doesn't mean I will leave him in the dust. He can still count on me to support him when he calls us to stand up. Don't fall prey to all the negative press and forsake your brothers and sisters. All families have squabbles, but will be there for each other when needed. I'll be there for you.

That's my 2 cents. Don't be afraid of being optamistic just because its unpopular.

There is a ton of negative press on these threads about the Teamsters and Yellow because of the change?? Seems to me that many folks were dishing out negative waves before the change and contract were even thought of. It is very depressing to be engulfed in all this discontent. While I agree that I would liked to have things stay as they were, I am in desprate need of the positive spin on these changes. Please try to refrain from Flaming out those who respond with any POSITIVE remarks as that has been done on other threads to death.

1. Might make more work than we realize?? When they put corridor road work in New England, the hubs were supposed to loose work but the total opposite happened. The extra boards acctually had more work to cover our overflow, book-offs etc. Perhaps the same will happen with more gusto as its all time sensative. Hope so.

2. Strengthen our market share?? Despite what all the gloomy sales and management types say, in my terminal, we are the top ltl company in the area. Your ccx's and overnite's have only succeeded in taking all the garbage frieght. In the area I peddled before coming back on the road, I handled double the volume of any other ltl company with half the area to cover. I was hustling my brains out while others were sitting under a shade tree. According to the Union stereotype, it was supposed to be the other way around?? We could DOMINATE the LTL biz in my area if we could do what we advertise.

3. Stay in business?? Yeah, alot of us have rode a couple frieght companies out and it's not fun. There is a whisper out there that the change is the opening act of Yellow's demise. NO WAY. We are competative. We are in a good position in a bad economy. There is doom and gloom coming from mgmt and drivers but Yellow continues to pay off it's debt (the biggest anchor on our stock price) despite one of the worst economic periods since 1930's. One must hope for the best here because there are no options for us left anymore. (no I haven't forgotten you ABF)

4. The union is still the best game in town. There is all kinds of talk about being sold out etc, but would you rather go to another company? (not going to mention any names) The fact that our health plan is one of the best out there is taken for granted. Our pension is the envy of all. Too many companies (non-frieght and frieght alike) have had there 401k's tampered with or lost all together. I feel that my BA is an absent minded boob, but that doesn't mean I will leave him in the dust. He can still count on me to support him when he calls us to stand up. Don't fall prey to all the negative press and forsake your brothers and sisters. All families have squabbles, but will be there for each other when needed. I'll be there for you.

That's my 2 cents. Don't be afraid of being optamistic just because its unpopular.

Hey, whats wrong with you? We cant have all this "positive" talk, this is unacceptable!!!!:biglaugh::hysterical::1036316054:

That sounds real good to me!
I hope the future is bright on the East coast
Out West the trains are a rumbling slow as USF Glenmoore flies by. Our KCM Team drivers sit on the clock as USF comes and goes.

ConfNumb,
Best post in a long time on here. But man, you're not gonna get any points from the doom and gloom crowd. (Which is about 95% of the posters who still frequent this place)

with you, but

You make a great debate on all categories and I must admit I agree with all of them. I have Yellow in my blood. Literally...My DAD, and MY GRANDFATHER were Yellow Teamster's and I am a Yellow Teamster (till the day I die)... But, I have a small problem. The management we have today (and I think possibly even the IBOT) doesn't see it the way I do..YRCL is the equivalent of CON(UR)WAY(IN). Was'nt CF part of our family? BROTHER?

good post........other trucking companies employees should tell their employers to help out their health benefits and pensions.......they go home and find a loved one with a big hospital bill they'll be doing a lot of hours to pay that bill up, if they like paying a lot of $$$ for the unexpected, then let them do what they want cause it's their stupidity working against them

:1036316054:

:1036316054: Best thing I read all year..