FedEx Freight | The new t680

Wait until you encounter the T680 Not Shutting off, even with the Key Removed from the ignition.....I can't wait for that discussion around here......

I had a Manager confront me about why my truck was running while I was in dispatch. I handed him my key and told him that it is all locked up and turned off, go see for yourself.....LOL....Racer

One of ours in SBN had that problem.

I have to say I am sick of the T680 slamming on the breaks whenever it feels like it. It has happened to me 4 times. Our other drivers that have the T680 have had it happen too. It will even do I with nothing in front of you! I just hope it doesn't happen on icy roads or at highway speeds!!

We now have had two trucks that have had the brakes slam on at 65mph.
Thankfully on dry roads.
I know a NSL driver had the brakes slam on last night on dry road not
long before hitting icy roads
really how long before a major accident happens:TR10driving03:

It's the speaker that will tell you how to drive and when you can take a leak ....

We now have had two trucks that have had the brakes slam on at 65mph.
Thankfully on dry roads.
I know a NSL driver had the brakes slam on last night on dry road not
long before hitting icy roads
really how long before a major accident happens:TR10driving03:

The auto braking feature supposedly only works in cruise mode...so I have to ask, why are so called drivers using the cruise control on potentially icy roads??? What part of "don't use the cruise or the jake on wet or icy roads" don't they understand?

ST

The auto braking feature supposedly only works in cruise mode ...so I have to ask, why are so called drivers using the cruise control on potentially icy roads??? What part of "don't use the cruise or the jake on wet or icy roads" don't they understand?

ST

ST That is the problem "They brake in some cases anytime they want." We have a meet point at the bottom of a 6% grade. 2 of our tractors have locked up the brakes while trying to get up the mountain and still going through the gears....... KW in our area seems to have a handle on fixing the issue once it occurs....on a case by case bases of course.....Racer

ST That is the problem "They brake in some cases anytime they want." We have a meet point at the bottom of a 6% grade. 2 of our tractors have locked up the brakes while trying to get up the mountain and still going through the gears....... KW in our area seems to have a handle on fixing the issue once it occurs....on a case by case bases of course.....Racer

That would be a rather serious problem...comes under the heading of "I hate surprises when I'm driving".

ST

The auto braking feature supposedly only works in cruise mode...so I have to ask, why are so called drivers using the cruise control on potentially icy roads??? What part of "don't use the cruise or the jake on wet or icy roads" don't they understand?

ST

The two that have happen out of our yard the cruise was not on.

The latest, allegedly greatest collision avoidance system will lock you up if it senses a collision threat, even without the cruise turned on. Apparently it's a little sensitive, like some of our drivers.