TForce | The strike call, was the end for yellow freight

No port

Libertarian free thinker
Credits
When the Ibt called for the strike at yellow freight, that chased away all the shippers. I have seen pictures of their docks, looks like ups freight 2018.
The teamsters union is officially on life support in the LTL representation business.
Once 500,000 members, now 15,000.

When the Ibt called for the strike at yellow freight, that chased away all the shippers. I have seen pictures of their docks, looks like ups freight 2018.
The teamsters union is officially on life support in the LTL representation business.
Once 500,000 members, now 15,000.
If it were not for teamster members giving back money and benifits at yellow for years yellow would have never made it this far.

When YELLOW decided they're not going to pay their contracted obligation to health and welfare for the workers. That was the end for YELLOW. There I fixed it for you. You're welcome.
When the news came out that the Ibt was calling a strike the shippers left. The Ibt then got the h&w to extent the coverage, by then it was too late.

AGAIN because of YELLOW breaking their contract obligations. Thats like getting your car reposed and blaming it on the guy taking your car. NO, YOUR OWN ACTIONS resulting in the cause.
Please, enough with the "It's in the contract" crap. In an unusual situation like with Yellow being the largest and one of the last Teamster LTL jobs, Teamster brass had the power to modify the contract even temporarily to help stave off the company closing and 30,000 losing their jobs. How many times do I have to post the particular section of the NMFA which allows for contract modification?

Once 500,000 members, now 15,000
SMH !! How can you look in the mirror being a Union driver and blame this abortion on the Teamsters ? Get back under your TMā€™s desk and be quiet.

I find it funny how management blames the union for their inability to manage. How they don't want you to have a contract yet they do. How they don't want us to negotiate our salary but they do. How many of our managers complain that we make to much yet they work 8 hour days and don't risk their lives or health. Now they come on trucking boards and stir the pot.

You think? OK, here's a hypothetical question for you. Let's pretend for a moment that Yellow was non-union and they were allowed to make the changes they wanted without Union interference. Would they still be operating and possibly doing so even more efficiently? Something to think about?
I'm not sure how the union interfered other than give back concessions over the last 13-14 years. Union has been more forgiving than most of Yellows creditors.

1) To me it's still unclear what's happening at yellow. It's not "officially over," but it's basically over-----but not technically officially.

2) If yellow does end, please explain to me what happens to worker's pensions?

Last edited: