SAIA | The "system" is failing me

Outsider

TB Lurker
Credits
After the rebid I wound back on the system. The first night of the new bid last week I was past over for a evening run. I just so happened to be around the corner from the terminal and stopped by to see what other system drivers we're working. I noticed that the 2 drivers under me where packing-out so I called Central and finally got a run only after the dock supervisor left me a really ****ty voice-mail. I think he was pissed because I caught them "skipping" me.

So fast forward a week later and I've only ran twice. I haven't ran since last Thursday night. I did a turn from Ind to Tol and back. Meanwhile, I drove by the terminal Saturday afternoon and seen the driver under me car in the lot. And today I seen a Tues-Sat Linehaul driver who gets roughly 3000 miles a week returning from some kinda run. I am currently working on a vehicle around the corner from the terminal so that's why I get heads-up on the activity.

Today, I've tried to call Mr. Evans in central twice and he won't return my calls. Whats left to do? Any suggestions? I need to work to support my family. Should I start looking elsewhere? I don't trust in Saia to be transparent and comply by their own rules and procedures.

Skip Mark A and call HR.Even better call the complaint hotline first then HR.Mark A is a waste of time,ask anyone here about Elaine.Alot of supervisors think the decision is theirs,its not.Theres protocol to follow.Its your family who cares if they are pissed.Its the only way you will make it stop...Complaint line#877-540-5063.Tell them who you are,tell them the name of the suspected supervisor passing you over.Ive called twice with legit complaints,they were handeled ever time.Be sure to mention that you are worried about repercussions from the supervisor you are calling about.At least you will know where you stand.

I've never met Mark A but I would not blindside him by going to HR. I would contact him by e-mail so that there is a paper trail and give him an opprotunity to find out what's going on and hopefully correct the situation. If it looks like Mark A is not helping then go to his boss and try again. Try to keep it in house before dropping a nuke on Central. Save all e-mails and that voicemail from your dock guy. Try Coyote's complaint line. Someone is going to check into this because they don't want to have to explain why they didn't. I would like to see the face of that dock screw up when that investigating e-mail hits the desk of his supervisor.

Since I originally put up this post I came to realize that it was a little preemptive. I didn't take into account that it was the first week of a new bid and there will always be some confusion and mistakes here and there. I never meant to bring malice towards anyone. And I don't care if a driver works 7 days a week, as long as the rest of us gets 4-5. The supervisor and I are cool now. I'm the easiest guy around to get along with. But if there's a problem and it's legitimate I will not stand down. When you operate a business and keep it fair you not only keep the morale up but you also build credibility,integrity,and it just the right thing to do.

Drive safe everyone

Sounds like Vinnie M. Jr..had a chip on his shoulder again.. Not the first driver to butt heads with that one.. You won't be the last.

Last edited by a moderator: