Yellow | THE THANK YOU from YRC

some people you just cant reach

I hope that YRC treats you better than the 20 plus year Teamsters turned company men were here in Salt Lake City.
Almost looks as if they keep the stupid ones so upper management looks better. Hail to King Ken and his band of merry brown noses

When are these people going to get it through their heads? (never) the company Doesn’t give a rat’s :eck13: about them. The corporation is not your friend, trusting big business is about as dumb as falling in love with a crack ***** “but she said she loved me”

Dude if you don’t know the game by now you got no business posting anything, you must have a path worn into the carpet leading to the managers desk. Hows this one for you? Worker blows out knee pallet jacking freight to rear of trailer, gets a letter for improper work methods, poor guy ended up with an artificial knee implant. ( true story).
You want more? I got a million of them. Word of advice, don’t bust your butt (or anything else) trying to kiss :eck13: because you’ll get a letter for it. improper sucking methods.

We all got a million of them. Most teamsters are are not wimps. They get off the floor and get back in the game. But there are a good % of whiners for sure. If you hurt yourself it's an automatic letter, last sentence in letter reads "any future violation of company policy will result in more severe discipline up to and including discharge" you have to
z151019499.jpg
and don't sweat the small sh**. Simple as that.

Hey Joe! Honest question. In 27 years at Rdwy did you ever file on anything? None of my business I'm just trying to understand. Also starting to wonder if you REALLY buy into your own rhetoric? :popcorn:

Hey Joe! Honest question. In 27 years at Rdwy did you ever file on anything? None of my business I'm just trying to understand. Also starting to wonder if you REALLY buy into your own rhetoric? :popcorn:

:TR10driving03: Lots of time :clap: Seems he has lots of time :clap: Here's to you "thejoe" :nutkick:

It seems yrc has forgotten how to say thank you for the almost one BILLION DOLLARS we teamsters have given them. They are now writing chicken$hit letters for everything under the sun,harrassing people just like the days when this WAS the best job in trucking and we would take it because of the money and benefits. Now we make a lot less and no pension payments and this makes this kind of crap harder to swallow.
I think it's time to re-vote the last two amendments and take back our money and pension as of NOW. Then these a$$holel can write all the letters they want and we can save on toilet paper just like the old days.
Job ,with no respect, is not bettet than NO JOB. Iwould be the first to sign a petition to re-vote.
By the way , I voted yes the last two times and I am really sorry . So go ahead and say it,I TOLD YA SOOOO.:ranting2::eck13:

Solution: "THE ROD":boat:

Hey Joe! Honest question. In 27 years at Rdwy did you ever file on anything? None of my business I'm just trying to understand. Also starting to wonder if you REALLY buy into
your own rhetoric
? :popcorn:
A warning letter for getting injured has been a company policy since the beginning of time. I got a letter for 'failure to meet work responsibilities for booking off during a nor'easter and state police asked for no trucks on road, 6-7 inches in driveway. Protest? yes win? no. Did I get Paid for being unable to get back to the terminal during another storm? Interstates closed roads impassable. File? yes- win? no. Act of God. Did I win when when I needed a wrecker to to get pulled out in yet another storm? no File? Yes. Company policy got letter. Did they have 8-10 pages of company rules near time clock. Yes. Was I aware of all of them? Yes, I needed the job. Did I protest the letters when I was dead wrong? no I just threw them in the pail on the way out. Were any of the drivers company men? no. If you're slow you're food, we all new it. Did all the drivers have a lot of class? Yes. Could the BA or steward help? If you broke a company rule or policy [size=+2]don't even ask[/size] I mean ya gotta grow up at some point

A warning letter for getting injured has been a company policy since the beginning of time. I got a letter for 'failure to meet work responsibilities for booking off during a nor'easter and state police asked for no trucks on road, 6-7 inches in driveway. Protest? yes win? no. Did I get Paid for being unable to get back to the terminal during another storm? Interstates closed roads impassable. File? yes- win? no. Act of God. Did I win when when I needed a wrecker to to get pulled out in yet another storm? no File? Yes. Company policy got letter. Did they have 8-10 pages of company rules near time clock. Yes. Was I aware of all of them? Yes, I needed the job. Did I protest the letters when I was dead wrong? no I just threw them in the pail on the way out. Were any of the drivers company men? no. If you're slow you're food, we all new it. Did all the drivers have a lot of class? Yes. Could the BA or steward help? If you broke a company rule or policy [size=+2]don't even ask[/size] I mean ya gotta grow up at some point
Fair enough, you answered my question. :thumbsup: At some point even Superman won't **** into the wind. :biglaugh:

By god that is criminal behavior
They always used letters as a tool. If you always have 2 letters in your file and the next one means suspension it has a way of making you run silent..run deep. When the letters come out after 9 months they'll find a way to jack you up. I used to check all dl's before I left in the AM and pull over and check all bol's and make sure they were perfect before I came back or I would be the tm's office with the steward pleading my case. The slower it gets the worse it gets. You got no choice but to do things right. Check double check everything

I got 4 letters in 2 weeks :TR10driving03:

Really....people are getting letters for misuse of company time, improper work methods, late to work, not showing up for work? WOW, while others bust their butts so this company stays in business? Do your job, and there are no letters.

What is an improper work method?

Just remember 1 warning letter = 6 grievances
They stopped giving me letters because it cost they too much $$$$$
Did win 14 out of 16 grievances when they "Relieved Me of Duty pending Investigation"
Prob about $1500 + the $1250 they paid me to be off work.

Best letter from dal (509)

They sent a man at DAL (509) a 72hr. Notice only one little problem HE RETIRED THREE YEARS AGO!:biglaugh:

management, GO HOME!!!!!!!!!! or, at least, back behind the counter. don't forget your kneepads...

This member of management may be pro management, however he is very pro company. Even if you do not like all of his opinions, you should be happy we have management members here that take their time to post for the better of us all.

What is an improper work method?
Since we can get written up for improper work methods for hurting ourselves, can a TM get written up for not supplying their employees with proper work equipment, so that they can work safely? Such as a working pallet jack, a two wheel cart, and load locks that actually work? I think that I know the answer. I doubt it.

you are right

Since we can get written up for improper work methods for hurting ourselves, can a TM get written up for not supplying their employees with proper work equipment, so that they can work safely? Such as a working pallet jack, a two wheel cart, and load locks that actually work? I think that I know the answer. I doubt it.
You are right....but you can't be fired for that, a TM possibly could be fired for that.

You are right....but you can't be fired for that, a TM possibly could be fired for that.
They may not be able to fire us, but they surely can write us up for "unsafe work practices". I'm sure that if you had enough "unsafe work practice" write ups, they would send you packing. I think that proper equipment makes the job safer, and it also makes the productivity go up and claims go down.