Yellow | The Truth

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Ok ladies and gents time to GET REAL .I've read post after post about who's fault this pay reduction is and here's the answer THE ECONOMY STUPID . It's not Holland it's not Yellow's and it's not Roadways fault it's not even Dollar Bills (maybe a little ) fault It's the ECONOMY . Now let's be honest two years ago did anyone see the housing crises coming up .Did anyone see the credit crisis where the government is pouring Billions trying to fix it Well I see no hands up so I guess nobody did . Please take sometime and read about how bad our economy is .Now how does this affect our company let's look at one of our biggest account " Homedepot" They reported a 31% decline in sales in the third quarter well guess what THAT 31% less we HAUL!!!!! Also remember every and I mean every time you hear of a retailer going out of business it's probably a company that we use to haul freight for !!

Not to be a smart A$$ but I saw this comming 3 years ago..Not to the effect that it is now! But, with the banks just giving out money like it was candy to people that could not afford it..Yep, implode it has...
I agree with your words, and it's not all of Yellows fault. But, it is still Zollars fault. He is our leadership. I am laid off now, and was laid off last winter also. My house is paid for and everything i own is paid for..I dont buy anything that I can't afford...CASH only...
I am young and I start another job Jan 4th making $84,600 a year...So, So long Old Yeller. I will keep tabs on you all and keep reading this board from time to time...
Leadership starts at the top! Good or Bad, it starts at the top. Everything happens for a reason.....!!!!!

Hmmm 2 sayings come to mind.

If your output is more than your income, then your upkeep will be your downfall.

Waste not, want not.

If they had maintained a cash reserve as any intelligent person does, they would have cash to get through the economic crisis.

Not to be a smart A$$ but I saw this comming 3 years ago..Not to the effect that it is now! But, with the banks just giving out money like it was candy to people that could not afford it..Yep, implode it has...
I agree with your words, and it's not all of Yellows fault. But, it is still Zollars fault. He is our leadership. I am laid off now, and was laid off last winter also. My house is paid for and everything i own is paid for..I dont buy anything that I can't afford...CASH only...
I am young and I start another job Jan 4th making $84,600 a year...So, So long Old Yeller. I will keep tabs on you all and keep reading this board from time to time...
Leadership starts at the top! Good or Bad, it starts at the top. Everything happens for a reason.....!!!!!
i for one saw this(financial meltdown) coming after my brother-in-law told me his bank was approving three hundred thousand dollar mortgages for a couple making combined income of fifty five thousand a year, and with three kids. Anyways, we can blame this or that BUT the economy is the downfall for the teamsters trying to keep yrc together. $$bill$$ does need to be replaced and maybe we need to start writing the Board of Directors who holds the power to oust the joker. one ?...what degree do you hold to skip ship for that kind of money or which courier are you working for:hysterical::hysterical::smilie_132::punk:

The Company is KBR go to KBR.com and you can go also. I'm going back to Iraq for a 3rd time. This time as a Civilian Contractor. All tax free $. And yes, I did go to college for only 3 years. And you can kiss my a$$ for being sarcastic!

I wouldn't go to Irag for triple that amount, but I'm also older and have my family to consider not coming back home to. But anywho, good luck. With your experience in your prior visits to Irag I'm sure this is a piece of cake for you, it is guys like you that will help get them back on their feet.

I've been in the military & now in the reserves for 19 years now, two Purple Hearts and worked for alot less $ than that on active duty, and will be doing alot less dangerous work. Go over their again and wait this economy slump out and come home (maybe) and get on with life again.
Guy has to do what a guy has to do. It's all good! And if they get me for good this time, who cares! I'll be dead! If they blow off parts of my body and I come home with half my body and I cant get laid again, i'll drink beer for awhile and finish it off myself.
Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been in the military & now in the reserves for 19 years now, two Purple Hearts and worked for alot less $ than that on active duty, and will be doing alot less dangerous work. Go over their again and wait this economy slump out and come home (maybe) and get on with life again.
Guy has to do what a guy has to do. It's all good! And if they get me for good this time, who cares! I'll be dead! If they blow off parts of my body and I come home with half my body and I cant get laid again, i'll drink beer for awhile and finish it off myself.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving 2 u 2 dude
ya need 2 work on ur issues and atitude a little :1036316054:

Time to Over throw the regime boys

Ahh I remember the Brown & Root trucking driving operation over in Somalia and how much $$$$ they made. Best of luck to you my friend as I am still in the reserves myself as I thought about retiring after 23 years until this. I just want to thank you for guys like you that keeps a old salty dog like me here. Knowing me I would probably start a national crisis over there by myself:TR10driving03::woot:

city...I applied about a month ago for truckdriver job...how long before i hear from them....45yrs old and just wondering....thanx and happy thanksgiving!

Falconhobo- I would not recommend going over as a truck driver. I've gone out to recover to many dead bodies that were blown up from IED's many civilians etc.. Not a good trade to pursue in that area..If you have other expertise that you could be employed, I would pursue that instead. I am not doing anything in the transportation field. I myself was wounded one of the times, as my vehicle was blown up by an IED. And I was in an up-armored vehicle and it was blown to smitherienes. Just one of my lucky times i guess. I got a response in 2 days from them but, like I said, nothing in the transportation field. PM me and I'll give you a phone number to call and you can talk to the person that is highering me and she can maybe help you out.

And for you CADDY, about my issues...they are my own demons and i will deal with them in my own ways. My attitude is positive, focused and just fine.. And Thank You for your concern.

The Company is KBR go to KBR.com and you can go also. I'm going back to Iraq for a 3rd time. This time as a Civilian Contractor. All tax free $. And yes, I did go to college for only 3 years. And you can kiss my a$$ for being sarcastic!

Some of us would die for your job. Hope you don't. Happy kill a Turkey Day.

BTW How many new job openings were created by the convoy that was attacked the other day?

VWAGGS they asked me if I wanted to go over there for a few months then I realized the religious holiday Ram is coming and they are beefing up the forces. You got to read between the lines chasing money especially when they're throwing it you tax free IMO.:greedy:

AIN'T SCARED !!!! Pull your ----- out from inbetween your ---- and just do it! And pull your "support the troops" yellow sticker ribbon thingy, off your truck then also...

Sounds like the poor recruiter can't make his quota!!! :hysterical:

AIN'T SCARED !!!! Pull your ----- out from inbetween your ---- and just do it! And pull your "support the troops" yellow sticker ribbon thingy, off your truck then also...