ABF | Theft at ABF Albuquerque NM

that sure takes alot of balls. some find it incredible that stuff like this happens but when the companies hired minimum wage security guards to keep an eye out, how serious do u think some of these folks take their jobs ?

p.s. i bet anyone a cup of coffee that this was an inside job

Last edited by a moderator:
Who in the hell is so stupid to risk a union job worth at least 100k a year to steal 70 tvs? What an idiot. I hope it wasn't an inside job but I kind of agree with PhillyGil. I bet it was, too.

Who in the hell is so stupid to risk a union job worth at least 100k a year to steal 70 tvs? What an idiot. I hope it wasn't an inside job but I kind of agree with PhillyGil. I bet it was, too.

Why do you assume it was a teamster???? Management knows what's in the trailers. I know I can't go into the office and look up the contents of each trailer. ABF should clean house and hire all new management!!!! BYE BYE Zac

Why do you assume it was a teamster???? Management knows what's in the trailers. I know I can't go into the office and look up the contents of each trailer. ABF should clean house and hire all new management!!!! BYE BYE Zac

Sorry. I guess I should just left the word Union out of my sentence. Either way, it's still almost 100k per year for management too. Same rule applies. You'd have to be an idiot to risk it.

Lucky it was only electronics. The "what if" factor plays in bigtime if this was hazmat some halfcocked backwoods scientist could only dream of.

DNA, was there a transfer of bodily fluids? Boogers on the steering wheel, spit on the window? Newsflash! ABF road units/tractors are are notorious for all sorts of DNA testable substances.

Someone had to know what was is what trailers. A yard full of trucks and trailers and they pick the one full of tv's? I fully believe that ABF will find out who was behind this. Aside from that can they really force employees to take a DNA test or a lie detector test. I thought I saw something in the contract regarding this. Can't remember where. I guess if I was not involved I would take the lie detector but I do not think ABF needs my DNA on file.

we had a securityfirm at our terminal and one guard (felon)stole CB radios out of road tractors and was working on thier cars in shop when it was closed. Helped themselves to whatever they needed.

I agree abf140, I think management knew what was going on and should be held responsible too. They should get more managers that care more about the success of the company instead of those who only care about their own promotions but, remember it's a good ol' boys club in Fort Smith.

A man police say is responsible for one of the city’s biggest electronic heists has been taken into custody.

Police arrested Adrian Limas, 30, on several charges including racketeering Monday.

According to a criminal complaint Limas stole an ABF semi-truck full of flat screen televisions and proceeded to sell the televisions on Craigslist.

Officials later found the stolen semi-truck abandoned in a field ranch in Valencia County.

I totally missed this. [video]http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1882320.shtml?cat=0[/video]

Thank you Truckchick1 & Mud for the answer. He had no conection with ABF? I'd like to know how he knew about the flat screens in those trailers!!

That was my question. He just happened to wander into the yard and pick out a set full of flat screen tv's. Also there is the question about ABF's comment that the truck could not be hot wired from the steering column. What a dufus trying to sell the TV's on Craigslist.

A while back a set was stolen from Oak Harbor full of computers. They found out that it was a line dispatcher who was involved and him and his wife were selling the computers out of their garage on Craigslist also.

Thank you Truckchick1 & Mud for the answer. He had no conection with ABF? I'd like to know how he knew about the flat screens in those trailers!!
All you need is the pro number and if someone has called you with the pro number they probably know the trailer number. With the pro number you call 1-800-ABF(or whatever their shipment tracking number is) and you can track the shipment. Then if ABF Albuquerque puts all their ready loads on a ready line with the key in the tractor and they have no gate??

Last edited by a moderator:
All you need is the pro number and if someone has called you with the pro number they probably know the trailer number. With the pro number you call 1-800-ABF(or what ever their shipment tracking number is) and you can track the shipment. Then if ABF Albuquerque puts all their ready loads on a ready line with the key in the tractor and they have no gate??

No. We don't leave keys in the ignition on the ready line.