Their back!!!

I would like to believe that you are smart enough NOT to be calling ME an *******, Riteway but judging from your posts I can tell that you're not.

@AlBorland im glad someone realizes how dumb of an idea it would be to have a union work its way in here...

riteway doesnt even work here and just continues to try and weasel his opinions into issues he has NO say in...

I think he still feels the burn from getting canned...might explain his constant nagging and whining .. :Emoticon_digging:

WOW maybe you can get the 8% or 15% teamster workers are getting or perhaps the no pension you willl be promised by the thugs.

Some teamster carriers are voting in a potential strike they protect their workers so well. We all know how that strike end......

WOW maybe you can get the 8% or 15% teamster workers are getting or perhaps the no pension you willl be promised by the thugs.

Some teamster carriers are voting in a potential strike they protect their workers so well. We all know how that strike end......

Go crawl back under your rock, troll!

Just a small reminder to all of those with "short" memories. If it were not for the unions everyone in trucking would be making $5 an hour. I worked for a non-union company for 14 years and I understood that every time they got a raise my company would give us one to stay competetive. I just retired from YRC(yellow to me), and my free family coverage insurance, top pay scale for 23 years, full retirement that was negotiated in our contract, not out of my pocket (like your 401k) and my job security(couldn't, be fired for one accident) were a true blessing and a very good lifestyle for my family. We are now looking at the reality that the unions have weakened, and before you get excited about that, just remember that all of the non-union carriers just lost their bargaining power. I have always been stunned that the ones who bad-mouth the unions worst, are the one who know the least about them. Look around at how many companies have not given raises in the past five years. This is due to terrible economy and downtrend in the unions power. Be a little more grateful to others when you cash your check the next time.

Just a small reminder to all of those with "short" memories. If it were not for the unions everyone in trucking would be making $5 an hour. I worked for a non-union company for 14 years and I understood that every time they got a raise my company would give us one to stay competetive. I just retired from YRC(yellow to me), and my free family coverage insurance, top pay scale for 23 years, full retirement that was negotiated in our contract, not out of my pocket (like your 401k) and my job security(couldn't, be fired for one accident) were a true blessing and a very good lifestyle for my family. We are now looking at the reality that the unions have weakened, and before you get excited about that, just remember that all of the non-union carriers just lost their bargaining power. I have always been stunned that the ones who bad-mouth the unions worst, are the one who know the least about them. Look around at how many companies have not given raises in the past five years. This is due to terrible economy and downtrend in the unions power. Be a little more grateful to others when you cash your check the next time.

Now union LTL carriers make far less than quality non union jobs. Plus the former 20 year union pension at YRC now takes 80 years to earn...
Unions are like tube TV's they had a place in history at one time, even served a good purpose, but no one needs nor wants them now days.
The teamsters are nothing but an extension of the leftist anti American crowd...
They did it to themselves.....

No one is sorry to see them go....

Now union LTL carriers make far less than quality non union jobs. Plus the former 20 year union pension at YRC now takes 80 years to earn...
Unions are like tube TV's they had a place in history at one time, even served a good purpose, but no one needs nor wants them now days.
The teamsters are nothing but an extension of the leftist anti American crowd...
They did it to themselves.....

No one is sorry to see them go....
Well just wondering your view then? Why did a Union though IAM try and fail to enter NC even get to a vote? U must have some disgruntled employees then? No raises for 5 years or so now? You can only keep the crowd at bay before an action is taken? Your investment firm that owns your company needs to wake up and realize that your drivers and dockmen or dockladies are the ones that move the company from A to B and money makes the world go round! U need to keep pace to keep the troops happy.

Once again, your ignorance and lack of knowledge about the subject "the union"is glaring. Our pay scale is still at the very top of all non-union carriers. That is even with the 15% cut. We get overtime every minute over 8 hours a day. You can make a lot of money in just a ten hour day.i just started drawing my $2000 a month for life. How are you going to divide your $80,000 in your 401 k to equal that(you won't. Oh yes, by the way my full family coverage insurance is still paid for. In 38 years of trucking I've never known of a man to retire on a 401 k Try to divide how many months your going to live into your 401 k. Turns out to be about $50 a week. The good ole days are gone but things such as job security are priceless. I've seen so Many great non-union drivers get fired over one accident because thet were not one of the "terminal managers boys".Parts of the union are obsolete, but others are all that will save the companies from being under total control.

Once again, your ignorance and lack of knowledge about the subject "the union"is glaring. Our pay scale is still at the very top of all non-union carriers. That is even with the 15% cut. We get overtime every minute over 8 hours a day. You can make a lot of money in just a ten hour day.i just started drawing my $2000 a month for life. How are you going to divide your $80,000 in your 401 k to equal that(you won't. Oh yes, by the way my full family coverage insurance is still paid for. In 38 years of trucking I've never known of a man to retire on a 401 k Try to divide how many months your going to live into your 401 k. Turns out to be about $50 a week. The good ole days are gone but things such as job security are priceless. I've seen so Many great non-union drivers get fired over one accident because thet were not one of the "terminal managers boys".Parts of the union are obsolete, but others are all that will save the companies from being under total control.
I have seen a lot of good men, union and non-union end their career with injuries obtained while in trucking, including myself. I just want to see them all compensated as good as possible in their retirement years. After 5 back surgeries my time has been forced upon me. I will be praying for all my brothers, union and non- union. God bless

I haven't been on here in a while.......you guys ever get a raise or the 5% back?
bth_LaughingMonkey.gif

OMG.... that's a good one Skull.

Just for the record, yes we have gotten a raise. We have a 50 cent raise in the current contract that we have gotten for the past 2 years and will get thru 2015 at the end of this contract. We still pay "0" for family coverage on excellent insurance. I still can't be fired for 1 minor incident( like u can)and they are still putting 25 percent into the Central States retirement fund(of which u have non).So get u a giggle out of that. But u are right on one thing, we have not gotten the original 15 percent back yet. That will be the top issue in the next contract.

JUST take a look at the hate for the union on the YRC thread they sure do LOVE the teamsters...Obviously NOT...we appreciate the fact that there is a time and place for them...not now not anymore, the number of unionized carrier has dwindled because there is just not need for them...Us drivers face alot of adversity, the fact that someone used to make good money while unionized versus what its like now is a joke, times have changed...

We DONT need it

Just for the record, yes we have gotten a raise. We have a 50 cent raise in the current contract that we have gotten for the past 2 years and will get thru 2015 at the end of this contract. We still pay "0" for family coverage on excellent insurance. I still can't be fired for 1 minor incident( like u can)and they are still putting 25 percent into the Central States retirement fund(of which u have non).So get u a giggle out of that. But u are right on one thing, we have not gotten the original 15 percent back yet. That will be the top issue in the next contract.
We're talking about NCT pay cut of over 5yrs ago....think most of us would like what you have

Yeah...good luck with getting that 15% back...