Averitt | They Are Watching!!!!

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Got a phone call from my FM on Monday,Risk Management got a Email&Video from one of the Highway Watcher outfits. I guess they show me at 0400 speeding thru the Gorge and improper lane usage!
I requested that I want to see the video,so sometime in the next few weeks I'll be swing thru Cookeville and look at it. I do remember seeing a car behind me as I came into the Truck NO Passing zone on the Tn side gong east,I came upon a Werner doing 40mph,so I passed him,got back into the right lane and motored on. This car was right on my rear end with it's brights on,into NC all the way to the 15mm...oh well. I wonder if he got a look at he Shuttle Racer that passed me before I got out of the 50mph zone......so beware! Last week I noticed a Blue Chevy P/U acting strangly on I24 near jasper TN just as you go into the construction zone,yep sure enough as I pulled along side,there was a video setup on the dash. The SOB slowed down enough to get me to pass,then sped up so I was hung out to dry,could'nt slow down and move over as raffic was backed up behind me.......BEWARE!

If you should get to see the video, please post name of company or as much info as you can so we all can be on lookout for this guy. I myself run a dash cam, so I would like to video them

If you should get to see the video, please post name of company or as much info as you can so we all can be on lookout for this guy. I myself run a dash cam, so I would like to video them
I will..it was 0400 hardly any traffic,if the Werner driver would have been doing ANYWHERE near the posted speed limit,I would have stayed behind him,as we were coming near the NC state line and that curvious part of the Gorge.

It's not like we don't have enough to deal with out here. I'd love to spot someone filming and following me with the stuff we haul. One push of the button and a phone call and they would be explaining to some rather nice folks.

This kind of harassment is uncalled for. We need our companies to understand that accepting crap from these idiots encourages the unsafe actions these boneheads do to get a good film.

They rent cars to '"observe" us , you never know what they are driving. Several guys in KNX have received positive feedback too from this observation crew. The gorge is a hotspot. If the one doing the observing is operating in an unsafe manner himself, the video will show this. Video proof is always available upon request.

They rent cars to '"observe" us , you never know what they are driving. Several guys in KNX have received positive feedback too from this observation crew. The gorge is a hotspot. If the one doing the observing is operating in an unsafe manner himself, the video will show this. Video proof is always available upon request.
I thought is was a ...drunk on his way home,a tired 4 wheel traveler,a pervert setting himself up to expose himself as he passed or someone up to no good....as I said, I'll swing by CKV take a look at the video,and if anyone has questions I'll answer them. I've been through the Gorge hundreds of times,in all conditions. I got a VERBAL from my FM.....

Anyone I have ever spoken too after being reprimanded for unsafe driving never knew they were being followed, they were made aware of the violation several weeks after the offense.

Never never never pass in the gorge...I don't care how slow trucks are going I never pass in the gorge...

Never never never pass in the gorge...I don't care how slow trucks are going I never pass in the gorge...

I was'nt in the Gorge yet....just coming into it on the TN side. I was'nt in the 50mph zone yet.....I know better than to pass on the NC side!
I got caught by the SNOOPER'S....MY BAD!!!!! better than getting wacked by the TN or NC Highway Patrol! :shift:

Sorry...thought you were in the gorge...another company I worked for had the same set up. They hired people to spot and trail our trucks. I was spotted once east of Chicago they tailed me for about 10 miles although I didn't know they were there I received a great write up from the company.

Their name is safecom.You can google them.I do know what to look for and how they act.They were very wreckless one night on Saluda when following me.Funny how that video never showed up.I called my friends to warn them and the got attaboys for their good driving that night.

Sometime last year I got a Quallcom message stating that I had been observed following to closely at a specific time and location. There was no mention of a video.

I was on dedicated run at the time and there was no doubt that I wasn't where they said I was. I was through Indianapolis twice a week and it was entirely possible I was following closely. Kind of hard not to during Friday evening traffic on I-465 with all lanes jammed and folks riding their brakes.

"Following too close" can be highly subjective.

i drive for holland i got passed all the time by conway estes and you guys too so i jumped out passed got back in right lane got pulled over at NC rest area tropper was real nice gave me a left lane ticket 350 said if he gave me a passing ticket it was 480 and 6 points on my lic so i paid it in july i stay in the right lane i dont care who passes me now