Holland | They can give themselves bonuses yet can't meet basic obligations to the working end of the equation

brook54

TB Lurker
Credits
11892141_436381856545538_6840287546312749809_n.jpg
They can give themselves bonuses yet can't meet basic obligations to the working end of the equation . it's time to say enough ! If they need to cut costs put their hands in their own pockets !
IT'S TIME TO WALK

11892141_436381856545538_6840287546312749809_n.jpg
They can give themselves bonuses yet can't meet basic obligations to the working end of the equation . it's time to say enough ! If they need to cut costs put their hands in their own pockets !
IT'S TIME TO WALK
I'm thinking this is for the Philadelphia area and the fund ok'd it

next will be healthcare cuts and taking away more vacation time and pension cuts Jan 2016 and is Obamacare the next step for us too ????

Last edited:
you guys were told this nearly 10 years ago, what the nons are getting you will experience in few short years.you won't ever get quite down to the nons level, but only a fews years spread in the benefits package.

The nons have short term and long term disibility at the companies expense they are also given higher pay raises than the union companies I am a union member now but I am at the end of the road with the union company I currently work for there is no future here at these Yrc companies if you hurt yourself outside of work or get sick oh well guess you will loose everything you have after you empty your bank account you have to work until you die with a steering wheel in your hand everybody has had to sacrifice within the rank and file and the union and Yrc has sucured there future no worries there they will be just fine when they retire it is all bull crap one day the rank and file will wake up and tell them no because if they don't they will be making a top scale wage of $17 a hour and paying $100 a week for health care good luck to all my union brothers and sisters but please please please wake up

.................good luck to all my union brothers and sisters but please please please wake up
The Union companies are past the point of no return in my opinion. Many of the employees still think that they have a better package than the nons do, but the fact is that it's just not true any longer.

Lowest wages in the industry.
Work rules not followed with a worthless grievance procedure.
**** poor management.
Unqualified new hire drivers.
Joke of a pension.
Horrible attitudes.
Pathetic work atmosphere.
Junk equipment.
Cloud of bankruptcy hanging over your head.
**** poor service to the customer.

I don't know, as Union members from the past.......we used to call that type of company a bottom feeder operation.
You make your own decision.

:idunno:

The Union companies are past the point of no return in my opinion. Many of the employees still think that they have a better package than the nons do, but the fact is that it's just not true any longer.

**** poor management.
Joke of a pension.
Horrible attitudes.
Junk equipment.

I don't know, as Union members from the past.......we used to call that type of company a bottom feeder operation.

With my religious beliefs I believe in faith. So that being said I faith up to 2019!!!!!

**** poor management.
Joke of a pension.
Horrible attitudes.
Junk equipment.

Wow , you said the TRUTH , agree 100% , the yellow pig is a bottom feeder operation now !!!!

With my religious beliefs I believe in faith. So that being said I faith up to 2019!!!!!

And then we vote NO. Trying to maintain a good attitude here, at times can be a mountain to climb. Although I don't see myself going anywhere else at least until 2019, sometimes I get the feeling there is a smoke and mirrors show going on trying to lull us into submission. Mid management just goes through the motions, there is no compass, or any sense of direction with this company right now. Just heard the Columbia tm, as well as the Nashville tm, are gone, fired, whatever.

The brilliant thing yrcw did was roll up the majority of the Teamster Ltl companies, with the exception of UPSF and ABF into one big body bag. They keep us on our knees and hope the message resonates to the others.

The brilliant thing we can do is start our 2019 campaign for a strike now.

**** poor management.
Joke of a pension.
Horrible attitudes.
Junk equipment.

Your quote, "The work rules not followed with a worthless grievance procedure" , is true. There are reasons for it. Worthless leadership from the top within the Teamsters Union. They don't give a **** about freight anymore. And from the bottom it's hard to find a steward at some barns who will go out of their way to even explain to new hires how, and for what they actually get paid for, much less where to get a copy of the contract. Most new hires unknowingly give up hundreds of dollars in pay the first few months because they don't know what to record on their manifest, and as far as work rules....clueless.

Then there are those who could care less about work rules. Don't give a ****, just give me mine, is their attitude.

Wow , you said the TRUTH , agree 100% , the yellow pig is a bottom feeder operation now !!!!
I got every one of these issues on my list from other member's posts on this forum, so clearly there are others who observe the same thing that I do.
My post was not to pour salt in anyone's wounds either, it's just that some people seem to think that the YRCW companies are still at the top of the class, when in reality they aren't.
It's a shame to see that a once great company has now had to resort to "hiring" banners draped over trailers, job fairs, and advertising on XM Radio to try to lure in drivers.
God Bless every one of you guys that have toughed out and tolerated this mess that has been created by these idiots, you have more patience than I do.

Trying to maintain a good attitude here, at times can be a mountain to climb.
I couldn't handle the black cloud hanging over my head all of the time, so I commend all of you guys that have managed to live with it.

Mid management just goes through the motions, there is no compass, or any sense of direction with this company right now.
Yep. They've been beaten down also by the pukes from the top. When I realized how far the mid management attitudes had fallen, I knew that it was time to move on. You are spot on.

The brilliant thing yrcw did was roll up the majority of the Teamster Ltl companies, with the exception of UPSF and ABF into one big body bag.
Another accurate assessment.

The brilliant thing we can do is start our 2019 campaign for a strike now.
You guys can do whatever you want, but four more years of the negativity would drive me crazy. Plus, in 2019, most will still be "just happy to have a job" and kick the can down the road further. I wouldn't set myself up for that kind of let down.

I wish that I could be more optimistic for your future, but at this point it sounds like you guys are on a dead end street since morale has tanked, management has thrown their arms in the air, and the top leadership don't have a clue what to do next.
I would encourage the last group to slice their wrists over the damage they've done to so many families.

I couldn't handle the black cloud hanging over my head all of the time, so I commend all of you guys that have managed to live with it.

Yep. They've been beaten down also by the pukes from the top. When I realized how far the mid management attitudes had fallen, I knew that it was time to move on. You are spot on.

Another accurate assessment.

You guys can do whatever you want, but four more years of the negativity would drive me crazy. Plus, in 2019, most will still be "just happy to have a job" and kick the can down the road further. I wouldn't set myself up for that kind of let down.

I wish that I could be more optimistic for your future, but at this point it sounds like you guys are on a dead end street since morale has tanked, management has thrown their arms in the air, and the top leadership don't have a clue what to do next.
I would encourage the last group to slice their wrists over the damage they've done to so many families.
Come on Flash the top leadership knows what to do!! It's called BONUS !

To me,it's all a matter of perspective.One thing for certain is that 4 more years of negativity and we'll all be ready to slice our wrists.Another thing for certain is we sure as hell don't have bottom feeder jobs.That is insulting our intelligence,everyone out there is hiring and you can count on your hands the number of people system wide who have left
Holland for Saia,Averitt,Estes,AAA Cooper,Southeastern,Wilson,R&L Gator ect.

When a person only looks at the negatives in life,work or relationships,it's gonna suck for him and all those around him.Those who look for the good in things and are positive are much more enjoyable to be around.

To say we are the lowest paid in the industry is total b.s.We have all moved closer together
In compensation but just because other carriers make more per hour(with no time and a half) doesn't make it a better job.Everyone on here knows it too or they would be gone.

To address some of these negative points that were made.
We have been hiring trained p& d drivers from other non Union companies

Our grievances ALWAYS get paid when company is in violation.

We still cut up and have a good time at work.In the depths of our souls,most of us are
pretty thankful.

Our fleet may not be up to date but, in 13 +years, I have only broke down 4 times.

Holland still makes money.We have over a billion in revenue and growing.Even though it
seems worse to us,our service and claims are still at the top of the industry.

We Will get our hourly rate jacked up if this continues.

Be careful out there brothers.

Last edited:
To say we are the lowest paid in the industry is total b.s.
I was inaccurate on this point. I should have said "one of the lowest paid."

We have all moved closer together
In compensation.....
That would be the politically correct way of saying that you've moved closer to the bottom.

... but just because other carriers make more per hour(with no time and a half) doesn't make it a better job.
Most carriers don't force people to work 60+ hours per week, because they have enough employees to control the hours. So the overtime is kind of a bad argument, since most companies control their overtime by having enough employees, and there are lots of people who don't want much overtime. But since Holland has a serious driver shortage, many are forced to live at work.

Everyone on here knows it too or they would be gone.
With the obvious driver shortage at Holland, clearly people are slowly heading for the gates.

Our fleet may not be up to date but, in 13 +years, I have only broke down 4 times.
Your CSA score was not lowered below 75 because of your 4 break downs. Clearly the DOT has determined that your equipment has become sub-par.

Even though it
seems worse to us,our service and claims are still at the top of the industry.
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but based on recent posts, there is freight sitting against the fence quite often.

We Will get our hourly rate jacked up if this continues.
I love the optimism, and I hope that you're right, but please.......don't hold your breath waiting.

Be careful out there brothers.
10/4 on that! Most 4-wheelers have their head stuck up their apps. and are not paying attention to the road.

Just a thought.
The company needs some drivers with positive attitudes to go into supervision/management. Have you ever considered it?
First step.......fix the issues at your own barn.
Second step......get promoted and fix a district.
Third step.....fix a region.
Fourth step.....help fix the company from a corporate level.
Fifth step......watch the company rise back to it's dominant self.

Some of you guys need to step up and help make the change.
Just sayin'.
:popcorn:

I was inaccurate on this point. I should have said "one of the lowest paid."

That would be the politically correct way of saying that you've moved closer to the bottom.

Most carriers don't force people to work 60+ hours per week, because they have enough employees to control the hours. So the overtime is kind of a bad argument, since most companies control their overtime by having enough employees, and there are lots of people who don't want much overtime. But since Holland has a serious driver shortage, many are forced to live at work.

With the obvious driver shortage at Holland, clearly people are slowly heading for the gates.

Your CSA score was not lowered below 75 because of your 4 break downs. Clearly the DOT has determined that your equipment has become sub-par.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but based on recent posts, there is freight sitting against the fence quite often.

I love the optimism, and I hope that you're right, but please.......don't hold your breath waiting.

10/4 on that! Most 4-wheelers have their head stuck up their apps. and are not paying attention to the road.

Just a thought.
The company needs some drivers with positive attitudes to go into supervision/management. Have you ever considered it?
First step.......fix the issues at your own barn.
Second step......get promoted and fix a district.
Third step.....fix a region.
Fourth step.....help fix the company from a corporate level.
Fifth step......watch the company rise back to it's dominant self.

Some of you guys need to step up and help make the change.
Just sayin'.
:popcorn:

First to answer your question about management,I have sought out union labor since I was young,just like my dad,brother,uncle,nephew,and cousins.I have been asked if I would be willing to go into management at three different jobs and my answer was hell no then and it always will be.Secondly,you or I aren't remotely qualified to fix the company at a corporate level.

It seems to me Flash,that ever since you had to move ,and Holland would not let you transfer without resigning and starting over,that your bitterness towards Holland is progressively getting worse.I wish they would have let you,I know you were a good employee.

If this company were as bad as you make it out to be we would all be hating life.Hell most would be suicidal ,gone postal or left for one of the non Union carriers.Most Holland city drivers make about 60 k per year and have way better insurance and way less out of pocket than the nons.We can't be fired at will either.(I know we should make more)

As far as the overtime goes are you kidding me?Union and non Union have brutalized workers with forced overtime for years.All of the ltl I mentioned above work the hell out of their employees.I talked to an O.D driver today that is forced to work 13 hours a day 3 days a week.I know several people at AAA that have worked 12 hours per day for years.Most of the nons will give them a break when freight is slow,and force them to work 4 days per week.

As far as the equipment,sure our fleet isn't as new as we would like,but we were told our number one csa violation was marker lights on trailers.

As far as the driver shortage goes, it is a nationwide problem.It has more to do with more people existing the industry and not enough coming back in.You make it sound like it's only Holland with a driver shortage.Several articles out there about the driver shortage.

As far as being optimistic,you bet,I choose to be .The way I see it THE LORD has provided us with this job and I choose to be thankful.If other doors open that will better my life I will surely walk through them.BTW,I know I don't live a Christain life,but I truly believe we are blessed.It boggles my mind how some post like it is a curse and not a blessing.

Holland makes close to 70 mill per year,I believe things will get better for us before 2019.
I guess it's all about how you want to look at things.

......you or I aren't remotely qualified to fix the company at a corporate level.
Don't sell yourself short. (and for the record....my resume' shows that I am qualified) We all agree that most of the Mgt. team don't have a clue, and quite often they don't have any driving experience either, and they simply can't relate to real world of trucking. So if they are always looked down on, why don't more drivers who actually have a clue step up and help be part of the solution?

It seems to me Flash,that ever since you had to move ,and Holland would not let you transfer without resigning and starting over,that your bitterness towards Holland is progressively getting worse.I wish they would have let you,I know you were a good employee.
There are a few problems with this part. First, I did not HAVE to move. I moved voluntarily. Second, my bitterness toward Holland hasn't gotten worse, it really hasn't changed any. What I don't like seeing is the same failed business policies being continued, and since I have friends that still work there, it pisses me off to see them and their futures getting pissed away by a bunch of jackasses in suits and ties.
And since I have nothing to loose since I left, and they can't touch me, I speak out on issues that many of you guys need to be careful about saying publically, in fear of them going after you.

I give them the nutkicks that they deserve.....on you guy's behalf.

If this company were as bad as you make it out to be we would all be hating life.Hell most would be suicidal ,gone postal or left for one of the non Union carriers.
Based on the posts that I read on here, drivers have left already, and it would seem wise to hide the sharp objects.

As far as the equipment,sure our fleet isn't as new as we would like,but we were told our number one csa violation was marker lights on trailers.
I have to call b.s. on this. If it were only lights, they would get fixed since the cost is minimal.

As far as the driver shortage goes, it is a nationwide problem.It has more to do with more people existing the industry and not enough coming back in.You make it sound like it's only Holland with a driver shortage.Several articles out there about the driver shortage.
I agree on the driver shortage 100%. But it's obvious, based on the posts on here, that the freight isn't even moving on time because of your driver shortage, where most everyone else can at least move their freight. And there are constant advertising ads for hiring drivers for you guys. Why is it that the advertising has become constant?

As far as being optimistic,you bet,I choose to be .
That's why I think that you should consider management......then you can pass along your optimism to others.

Just like the rest of you guys, my pension is hinging on your survival as a company. I want you to not only survive, but to prosper, but if things don't change, we'll all be drawing our pittance of a pension out of the Govt. fund......as orphans.