TForce | Thinking about jumping ship

Mr. Pinkers

TB Lurker
Credits
Had an offer to come join UPS Freight doing P&D. Currently work at another LTL.

I'm curious about the culture at UPSF. Do you run as hard as the parcel folks do? Guys I work with refer to UPSF as the 'Marine Corp of the LTLs.'

What is the pay scale for city P&D at a terminal near Cleveland? How is overtime treated?

Do the tractors have onboard cameras facing the driver and the view out?

Is the relationship between the Union and Management tedious or do they get along?

Appreciate you guys taking time to give your input. Just feel like my current job is a sinking ship and want to go to a company with longevity.

Full time pay starts at 17.20/hr and you get a .50 raise after seniority. 1 year to 18.70/hr, 2 year to 20.00/hr, 3 year to 24.00/hr and you top out at the 4th year which we don't know what it is due to contract will be up in 2018. Over time is anything after 8 hours is paid at time and a half.

We do not have and onboard cameras at all, neither facing the driver or out the window.

The relationship between management and hourly isn't always bad, its like any other company with the expection that UPS Freight expects more for there money. If you work and just do your job safely you should be okay.

Alot of the time things are strained like at any job, management wants to squeeze as much out of you as possible, it just depends on how you want to fight to do your job safely.

Wow. Those starting rates are low. I would've figured they'd be higher than where I am now.

How is healthcare handled?

The healthcare is okay, as long as you don't need eye care, that sucks big time. We are administered through the central states medical.

$50.00/month for single
100.00/month for you and spouse
150.00/month family

And what's the sick days, personal days and holidays like for new hires?

Or having a package person negotiating a freight contract. We'll have to vote it down more then once next time.
Well...at least you won't have to deal with foreigners on your contract like we did the IBT election.

Don't die. Seriously, you wont get paid, but you wont get fired, unless of course it happens before you make seniority. 45 punches in 90 days.

That's not terrible then. With where I'm at now, if you take off with no sick days, it's very heavily frowned upon. You will get written up, even though you can protest it.

That's not terrible then. With where I'm at now, if you take off with no sick days, it's very heavily frowned upon. You will get written up, even though you can protest it.

Oh, after you make seniority they will write you up, but we seem to laugh at write ups because if you are really sick then those write ups are more like written paper airplanes. Don't lie and they cant do anything to you, lie and loose your job.