TForce | This company is a joke

No my friend, you are wrong.

UPS is making very good profits with UPS Freight.

I would advise my fellow truckers to stop trying to run a company by critical analysis.

The way they run the company is bad for you, but it is good for the company.

Let me rephrase...They are running THIS TERMINAL into the ground.

The company pissing customers off left and right is not good for anybody.

I'll make this easy for you to understand.

If a man stands in the rain and complains that he is getting wet.
Then I would advise him to get out of the rain.

It is about common sense.

Those who complain have no one to blame but themselves.

Do something, act, make a move.

You talked down to him, like he's a, uh I don't know. A BURGER FLIPPER!!!!

Lol!!!

Let me rephrase...They are running THIS TERMINAL into the ground.

The company pissing customers off left and right is not good for anybody.

Then make some noise!!!

Call the regional manager, Or the regional VP,......

He ll, Call Richmond and ask for the "Prez",

You could even bring your concerns up to any small pack sales representative or small pack manager,....... Past experience tells me that the small pack side does not like the things that sound like are happening, And I know they are not scared to climb the ladder to get proper results,.....

I'll make this easy for you to understand.

If a man stands in the rain and complains that he is getting wet.
Then I would advise him to get out of the rain.

It is about common sense.

Those who complain have no one to blame but themselves.

Do something, act, make a move.

So he has no right to complain about not working while casuals and contractors work?

Look at it this way. He may be standing in the rain, but he's pounding on the door for someone to let him, and no one will let him in.

Then make some noise!!!

Call the regional manager, Or the regional VP,......

He ll, Call Richmond and ask for the "Prez",

You could even bring your concerns up to any small pack sales representative or small pack manager,....... Past experience tells me that the small pack side does not like the things that sound like are happening, And I know they are not scared to climb the ladder to get proper results,.....

Isn't that what the union is for? Looks as if the union is letting him down here. Why aren't I surprised?

Isn't that what the union is for? Looks as if the union is letting him down here. Why aren't I surprised?

And its not just me....

Last year we had 2 sleeper runs out of Indy that went to Fontana, CA every week. These have always been done by UPS Freight/Overnite employees, and there is a ton of return freight out of there. A few months back they cut both runs, resulting in 3 of the 4 team drivers being laid off due to their seniority, and the runs are now done by CRST.

Thats just one example. The whole place is a joke.

The Union has nothing to do with the way management runs a company,..

If the company wants to pi ss custumers off they can, It doesn't make any sense but it is their company to run, Not the Unions,...

The Union has nothing to do with the way management runs a company,..

If the company wants to pi ss custumers off they can, It doesn't make any sense but it is their company to run, Not the Unions,...

Looks like the contract has some weak areas, which is screwing this poor guy, and many others.

Why do you hate the working man?

And its not just me....

Last year we had 2 sleeper runs out of Indy that went to Fontana, CA every week. These have always been done by UPS Freight/Overnite employees, and there is a ton of return freight out of there. A few months back they cut both runs, resulting in 3 of the 4 team drivers being laid off due to their seniority, and the runs are now done by CRST.

Did you file a grievance on it??

I know there is a huge pile of them that have not been heard, But the more we file the better,.....

Make some noise, Go to the meetings and make sure the stewards and ba's know how you feel,....

Did you file a grievance on it??

I know there is a huge pile of them that have not been heard, But the more we file the better,.....

Make some noise, Go to the meetings and make sure the stewards and ba's know how you feel,....

Ive filed over 10 grievances in the 3.5 years Ive been here. I have had one of them heard.

Yes I have filed a grievance on it, so have hundreds of other guys nationwide but nothing is done.

Bubba, What is it with you and Indianapolis terminals. Several weeks ago you blasted Saia's Indy Terminal.
Whats the real story on Saia?
From what Ive read on the internet, Saia sounded like a great company to work for.
I went and drove for the Saia terminal in Indianapolis and the place is a dump! The whole facility is awful, the place is extremely unorganized, and the equipment was a joke, particularly the trailers.
Is this one bad terminal, or are they all like this?

Now it's UPS Freight's Indy terminal.

This company is a joke
This company is a disaster. Or at least the Indy terminal. How do we keep our doors open? I never expected UPS to let one of their companies be run this way.

Ive been applying at ABF for years. Cant even seem to get an interview.
Bless your heart Bubba and good luck with ABF. One word of advice, don't bash their Indy terminal. It's located at
1260 terminal Rd., Indianapolis, Indiana. Don't even drive by and again good luck.

And its not just me....

Really, are they putting the freight on CRST trailers? Because I haven't see CRST pulling and UPS Freight sets.

I was just in Fontana today.

BTW, I'm NOT calling you a liar here. Just asking.

Really, are they putting the freight on CRST trailers? Because I haven't see CRST pulling and UPS Freight sets.

Yeah, they put them on CRST trailers and then the CRST drivers come in and drop trailers, jump kingpins, high hook and back into poles in our yard.

Every night the outbound shift loads 2 CRST trailers, a Mister P's trailer, 2 Daum trailers, a Covenant trailer and the rest are just whoever they can get to show up that night. Ive never seen any other company pull out trailers.

Bubba, What is it with you and Indianapolis terminals. Several weeks ago you blasted Saia's Indy Terminal.
Whats the real story on Saia?
From what Ive read on the internet, Saia sounded like a great company to work for.
I went and drove for the Saia terminal in Indianapolis and the place is a dump! The whole facility is awful, the place is extremely unorganized, and the equipment was a joke, particularly the trailers.
Is this one bad terminal, or are they all like this?

Now it's UPS Freight's Indy terminal.

This company is a joke
This company is a disaster. Or at least the Indy terminal. How do we keep our doors open? I never expected UPS to let one of their companies be run this way.

Ive been applying at ABF for years. Cant even seem to get an interview.
Bless your heart Bubba and good luck with ABF. One word of advice, don't bash their Indy terminal. It's located at
1260 terminal Rd., Indianapolis, Indiana. Don't even drive by and again good luck.

I don't know what you want me to say. Everything I said about that Saia terminal was true. Can there only be one bad trucking company in Indianapolis? I'll say this, Old Dominion and Estes in Indianapolis are great terminals.

So he has no right to complain about not working while casuals and contractors work?

Look at it this way. He may be standing in the rain, but he's pounding on the door for someone to let him, and no one will let him in.

Maybe he is pounding at the wrong door?

Why is he waiting for someone else to open the door?

How long does it take before common sense kicks in?

I'm not trying to bash the company. I'm just saying if someone misses just one pick up in the UPS Package division,Feeders or Package, someones a$$ will be in a sling and I guaranty it won't happen again or the management person involved will be out of a job. In the UPS Parsippany buildings they make thousands of pick ups every day Scheduled and on call . Missing even one of them is not tolerated period. If you think that UPS thinks it's just another LTL company then you are sadly mistaken. I realise that taking over a company and molding it to your standards doesn't happen overnight(no pun intended)but 6 years or 7 years is way out of charactor for them. They fed me well for 36 years.

I understand what you are saying. As you are probably aware there is a lot of difference between parcel and freight. I think UPS is starting to become aware of it to.