FedEx Freight | This is the week they let us know

I've been there for 34 years River, I can handle another 3 months. The only problem is that only gives me a couple of weeks to set up my insurance plans, not to mention I might not even get the severance pay. TP

I'm surprised. Things must be going okay across the country. I am not hearing of any wrong doing or anybody really getting screwed over.
4 drivers from the Seattle Natl. Terminal got the royal flush. I mean the mgnt. said one thing and turned around and did something completely different. I was not affected but I feel bad for those guys. I really thought this was the most fair company to work for, not so much anymore. In fact, I think it's a certain level of incompetence by the regional or local mgnt. OR perhaps they are 'cleaning house' in a round about way.

I'm surprised. Things must be going okay across the country. I am not hearing of any wrong doing or anybody really getting screwed over.
4 drivers from the Seattle Natl. Terminal got the royal flush. I mean the mgnt. said one thing and turned around and did something completely different. I was not affected but I feel bad for those guys. I really thought this was the most fair company to work for, not so much anymore. In fact, I think it's a certain level of incompetence by the regional or local mgnt. OR perhaps they are 'cleaning house' in a round about way.
seems to be the lavendar lie way of doing things. so much for PSP, FEDEX is all about PEOPLE SCREWING PEOPLE, but hey its not their lives.

The jan 14th thing makes perfect sense to me. obviously they will evaluate freight levels at that time and evaluate the staffing needs in relation to them. The folks accepting the voluntary severance should understand that. If someone has to transfer over 50 miles they do not have to wait for that evaluation in jan, they are good to go, but those with no transfer of over 50 miles may or may not get it, due to freight levels. Makes perfect sense to me. Alot of things can change in 3 months in this industry.