Yellow | This mornings driver meetings

KeepTruckn

TB Lurker
Credits
We had meetings this morning and we were told that Yellow did not pay the $50 million because they will need that money to shut down the company. THey said Sean Obrien was told they would offer an $11 dollar an hour raise over the course of a 5 year contract if he would just come to the table to talk. They said he didn't even let the locals know about that offer. We had someone laugh at the 11 dollar an hour, seeing as how this company can't even make a health payment, but the TM said we would get financing and debt restructing from lenders if the banks knew the teamsters were willing to work with us. Anyone else hearing this?

Yes. It was in our morning meeting as well. I don't think O'Brian cares. He hates our company. It really sucks that we have Union leadership that won't even negotiate on our behalf. I think O'Brian should be pulled from leadership as he is a bit insane with hate and it is a detrament to our yellow union members having him in charge. He is not putting the members first. He is pursuing the argument he has been having in his head for the last 10 years.

You keep telling yourself this false narrative sir and maybe one day the fairy's and unicorns in your head will appear for all to see. The Union has told Yellow for 3 months that it was willing to open the current agreement but it would not negotiate at a disadvantage to it's members. Yellow accelerated it's financial crisis to force the Union into a poor position and snatch away any leverage union negotiator's might have had.

Just a friendly reminder to the workers:
Should you get “injured “ before the Yellow ship sinks, you’ll be paid 65% of your wages on worker’s compensation for up to 2 years, by a third Party Insurance company that will still be afloat after Yellow’s departure.

Work safe everyone….😉

Yes. It was in our morning meeting as well. I don't think O'Brian cares. He hates our company. It really sucks that we have Union leadership that won't even negotiate on our behalf. I think O'Brian should be pulled from leadership as he is a bit insane with hate and it is a detrament to our yellow union members having him in charge. He is not putting the members first. He is pursuing the argument he has been having in his head for the last 10 years.

Should you get “injured “ before the Yellow ship sinks, you’ll be paid 65% of your wages on worker’s compensation for up to 2 years, by a third Party Insurance company that will still be afloat after Yellow’s departure.

Work safe everyone….😉
Not very smart to encourage worker comp fraud in an open forum sir.

Stop with the bad mouthing o'brien.
If you don't agree with his stance on this issue then go apply at another carrier that is non union then you can talk to management yourself.
No one cried for the 50,000 members who lost our jobs in the merger.
I had to pickup the cobra to keep my insurance while running a reefer non stop for 9 months.
Then NPME called and 1 year later came the 25% screw job.
I left for UPS freight with a 6 dollar pay cut but I made it work.
And I never looked back,best move I ever made,
Ended up with 350 shares of UPS stock and a nice healthy 401,never would have been able to do that staying at a YRC company.
Sometimes things work out for the better.
Believe in yourself.

Work safe everyone….😉
Sorry driver, my mind isn’t programmed to think like that. Sure some will be getting injured today tho. Smh

You keep telling yourself this false narrative sir and maybe one day the fairy's and unicorns in your head will appear for all to see. The Union has told Yellow for 3 months that it was willing to open the current agreement but it would not negotiate at a disadvantage to it's members. Yellow accelerated it's financial crisis to force the Union into a poor position and snatch away any leverage union negotiator's might have had.
Really? The company poured big money into the change of operations. The Union pulled the rug out from under them without asking the members for phase two. I lived through this. The Union is run by an idiot who hstes yellow with a passion for his last 10 years. He has been campaigning on it for a long time.

I had hoped it was just campaign rhetoric but I was wrong. Turns out he has some axe to grind and does not want to represent yellow Teamsters today, he wants to rehash the arguments in his head from 10 to 15 years ago. He should be removed.

Work safe everyone….😉
I’m not being “greater than thou” but that is such a loser attitude I can’t begin to say how much I disagree with you. That attitude is why people who ligimately get hurt at work, have to struggle so hard to prove their injury was a work place injury.

Stop with the bad mouthing o'brien.
If you don't agree with his stance on this issue then go apply at another carrier that is non union then you can talk to management yourself.
No one cried for the 50,000 members who lost our jobs in the merger.
I had to pickup the cobra to keep my insurance while running a reefer non stop for 9 months.
Then NPME called and 1 year later came the 25% screw job.
I left for UPS freight with a 6 dollar pay cut but I made it work.
And I never looked back,best move I ever made,
Ended up with 350 shares of UPS stock and a nice healthy 401,never would have been able to do that staying at a YRC company.
Sometimes things work out for the better.
Believe in yourself.
respectfully, go **** yourself

I’m not being “greater than thou” but that is such a loser attitude I can’t begin to say how much I disagree with you. That attitude is why people who ligimately get hurt at work, have to struggle so hard to prove their injury was a work place injury.
I never stated to engage in any fraudulent act. We all know freight workers get hurt every day, now is not the time to blow it off and continue working with an injury.