Yellow | This place has gone to the dogs! No insurance

I feel your pain mud cat. I was recalled in february and found out a week later that I had to work an 8 week reinstatement period since I'd been away for more than 6 months. Central states said this was in the last round of givebacks. My local had no clue but that's usually the case! After my 8 weeks I was told that central states had to receive payment for the prior month and that usually didn't happen til about the 20th of the month. I ended up working 12 weeks before my insurance was active and I had it for one week before I was laid off again. Needless to say I won't be going back if recalled. I've decided to stay where I am and give up my 13 years.

Basically, if you're toward the bottom of the seniority list, you'll never know week to week if you're covered for insurance. They said if you get the 8 weeks in, then don't get three punches for the next week, you can still be covered if you work the next 4 weeks consecutively...who can possibly know that? If you do go to the doctor during that time, you may end up getting stuck with the whole bill.