XPO | This was horse crap.

Godslave

TB Lurker
Credits
Seven split shifts down, three to go. Thank God it’s Friday Eve! I am already exhausted. The first trailer I opened this morning was from Knoxville. The idiot who loaded it (some guy named No NAMES)didn’t follow procedure and didn’t tie off his load with a strap. I had a pallet of empty wine bottles that fell against the door; I had to raise the door with the forklift. Then the pallet fell out. Lots of wine bottles were lying around the trailer. And someone put a heavy, long pallet on top of a pallet of stuffed animals for the WNC Nature Center. I didn’t check its history, but the top layer of stuffed animals was crushed. I filed damage reports in both cases.

I love working for XPO, but it seems that every day, I have to rebuild and recoup a pallet because some dumb butt didn’t follow procedures. I use a lot of half-sheets of plywood and drop a lot of decks on the outbound shift (I work a split shift, both inbound and outbound). Because of it, I don’t have the best numbers; I’m on my feet and not on the forklift. But I am determined to have my freight arrive at one of the hubs in excellent condition. But there are a lot of XPO people who shouldn’t be XPO people.

Last edited by a moderator:
How unsurprised am I , what a nightmare , hey what took so long to unload that trailer hand ?

Seven split shifts down, three to go. Thank God it’s Friday Eve! I am already exhausted. The first trailer I opened this morning was from Knoxville. The idiot who loaded it (some guy named No NAMES)didn’t follow procedure and didn’t tie off his load with a strap. I had a pallet of empty wine bottles that fell against the door; I had to raise the door with the forklift. Then the pallet fell out. Lots of wine bottles were lying around the trailer. And someone put a heavy, long pallet on top of a pallet of stuffed animals for the WNC Nature Center. I didn’t check its history, but the top layer of stuffed animals was crushed. I filed damage reports in both cases.

I love working for XPO, but it seems that every day, I have to rebuild and recoup a pallet because some dumb butt didn’t follow procedures. I use a lot of half-sheets of plywood and drop a lot of decks on the outbound shift (I work a split shift, both inbound and outbound). Because of it, I don’t have the best numbers; I’m on my feet and not on the forklift. But I am determined to have my freight arrive at one of the hubs in excellent condition. But there are a lot of XPO people who shouldn’t be XPO people.I w

I wish I could tell you something about damaged freight other than to say, "Get used to it, but don't let it stop you from doing the right thing just because someone else fails to do so." Until such time as mngmt steps up and starts making examples out of those who fail to adhere to the freight handling guidelines they were trained to, this stuff will keep happening. Until such time as the company decides to either fix the safe stack beams or permanently remove them this stuff will keep happening. Until such time as this company decides to rid themselves of the toxic Tony Brooks, who prides himself on screwing customers with damaged freight, get used to it. If you want to work for a company that actually values it's customer's freight....fill out an app for O/D.

I love working for XPO, but it seems that every day, I have to rebuild and recoup a pallet because some dumb butt didn’t follow procedures. I use a lot of half-sheets of plywood and drop a lot of decks on the outbound shift (I work a split shift, both inbound and outbound). Because of it, I don’t have the best numbers; I’m on my feet and not on the forklift. But I am determined to have my freight arrive at one of the hubs in excellent condition. But there are a lot of XPO people who shouldn’t be XPO people.
you are correct! They should be CF people!