XPO | Throwing Rocks, Glass Houses, and XCW

Merdock

Kool-aid-aholic
Credits
This message board can be compared to the old adage about not throwing rocks if you live in a glass house. But answer me this... are there times people are justified in throwing the rocks?
Between terminations and resignations, XCW has lost about 8 hourly employees in a week. This includes the resignation of BOTH day CSR's. My grandfather always said... "if you can't influence it or change it, walk away". Well, our Gal Fridays did just that! And, if you demand the same of a 55+ year old man in a hostling unit during reship as a 25 year old, you ARE guilty of age discrimination!
The local management practices at XCW are a rubber stamp of the "New" Con-Way Frieght Central Corporate Philosophies. For someone who only manages rulers and calculators a philosophy of "black and white" allowing no gray area is possible. But our day-to-day success as a company is based on human performance, fueled by (or the lack of) motivation. The definition of gray is "a blending of black and white". This blending process is what once made our company great.
Answer me this, as an owner of this company, what avenue do I have to try and influence the direction of our future?
You may say I am just throwing rocks, but I am tired of saying goodbye to old and new friends at Con-Way.

way to go Merdock run like a fine oiled machine as long as its my/our way or the highway, not that long ago this company required it managers to be there and to know there and all jobs, hard to keep the oil on the gears when there no one to open the valve !

Merdock said:
This message board can be compared to the old adage about not throwing rocks if you live in a glass house. But answer me this... are there times people are justified in throwing the rocks?
Between terminations and resignations, XCW has lost about 8 hourly employees in a week. This includes the resignation of BOTH day CSR's. My grandfather always said... "if you can't influence it or change it, walk away". Well, our Gal Fridays did just that! And, if you demand the same of a 55+ year old man in a hostling unit during reship as a 25 year old, you ARE guilty of age discrimination!
The local management practices at XCW are a rubber stamp of the "New" Con-Way Frieght Central Corporate Philosophies. For someone who only manages rulers and calculators a philosophy of "black and white" allowing no gray area is possible. But our day-to-day success as a company is based on human performance, fueled by (or the lack of) motivation. The definition of gray is "a blending of black and white". This blending process is what once made our company great.
Answer me this, as an owner of this company, what avenue do I have to try and influence the direction of our future?
You may say I am just throwing rocks, but I am tired of saying goodbye to old and new friends at Con-Way.
Very well said and written. I am sorry to hear things are going so bad at Con-Way. Companies have to listen to people in the trenches. When the do not, they struggle.

What do you mean (as part owner)? A few shares that your 401K holds? Your nuts. Your 401K might hold a few stocks by you are still a employee with no say so on how this company is ran. You can be fired just like the next guy. Try telling Fat BEARD hes fired. See what kind of response you get.

I really had to dig to find this old post...

Just an update, one more CSR has said good by and a driver has transfered out of XCW. So how many hourly employees do you have to loose in twelve months before the red flag goes up?

I know the team at XCW have gone to XGO about the problems that don't what to go away. Have you contacted DAVE MCC or even higher then that? Have your team call the ETHICS HOT LINE? If it is a harassment issue then the E.E.O.C. is an option. If the company can't help you the maybe the state or federal government agency's can. By the way what well done post.