Thursday

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Well today was about as easy as it gets. 11-12 stops 9000 lbs load 500 something cases and a back haul. That was all she wrote I got home about 13:30. Even took a nap this afternoon. Gosh was it cold this morning. I was freezing and the road salt was all over the mirrors and windows. Our truck is filthy absolutely filthy. About 5" of road salt covering it everywhere. Until this cold weather passes and all that I can't get it washed properly and there's no winning this battle heck today they were out dropping liquid de-icer you can't win against all that.

Well today was about as easy as it gets. 11-12 stops 9000 lbs load 500 something cases and a back haul. That was all she wrote I got home about 13:30. Even took a nap this afternoon. Gosh was it cold this morning. I was freezing and the road salt was all over the mirrors and windows. Our truck is filthy absolutely filthy. About 5" of road salt covering it everywhere. Until this cold weather passes and all that I can't get it washed properly and there's no winning this battle heck today they were out dropping liquid de-icer you can't win against all that.
Hate that mess on windows and mirrors. Then when it's sunny the glare is so bad you can't see nothing

100% correct I had to get out and grab a towel and clean all the salt off the mirrors. Gosh is my truck filthy weather around here is still grey and not getting any better. Hopefully my transit driver will find time this week to run the truck through the wash at the warehouse, because our truck it is just awful as far as dirt goes. There was a point in time when it looked like this:

W2OGKQe.jpg

Nice truck. Gordons around here have 2015 ones I'm assuming that's what yours is. They also have only the new trailers. Speaking of Gordons I picked up 10 skids for them today. You ever have the 6 10 cans of clam juice or clam something in the gfs packaging?

Yes I sure due clam juice. Yes that trucks a 2015 we have (3) 2015 trucks at our yard and (1) 2014 then the rest of our yard is a mix of (1) 2010 truck (1) 2012 truck (4) 2011 trucks and the rest 2007 trucks and (1) 2006 International which used to be my truck. That International is kind of the step child of the operation it's seen way better days the guy who has it now doesn't think to much of it. We won't be getting new trailers anytime soon. There going to let them all cycle out at normal rate so there will be old school GFS trailers for the next 12-15 years up here in the rust belt.
MxYkS6j.jpg

That international don't look all that bad. I've seen way worse than that out there from other companies. Well that clam juice is made in small town called Milford in Delaware. It's a nice area over this way living on what we call the eastern shore. Not to much going on no interstates or no big cities. Just real close to the ocean so our beach towns get especially busy. The eastern shore is actually 3 states Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia. We are also known as delmarva. Idk if you ever heard of ocean city Maryland but I live probably 30 Mins from there. They get millions of visitors every summer.

Those easy days are always good, it gives a guy hope there maybe more of them, especially after some tough ones.

That international don't look all that bad. I've seen way worse than that out there from other companies. Well that clam juice is made in small town called Milford in Delaware. It's a nice area over this way living on what we call the eastern shore. Not to much going on no interstates or no big cities. Just real close to the ocean so our beach towns get especially busy. The eastern shore is actually 3 states Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia. We are also known as delmarva. Idk if you ever heard of ocean city Maryland but I live probably 30 Mins from there. They get millions of visitors every summer.

You know what's funny when I drove that truck one day a newer guy he's not so new anymore, but I'm above him in the seniority board anyhow we took that International out on the road and he said to me "You know where I used to work at a major waste grease and animals by products rendering company this International would have been considered one of the top trucks at our lot. He goes this company GFS is one of a kind there worst truck is like every other outfits best truck."

It's just the GFS way everything is fairly new and clean or at least in good working condition. They try to keep up on stuff. I'll tell you what the trailers at GFS are about 1,000,000 times better then the junk I worked with at the beer company.