Yellow | Time To Challenge YRC Purchased Transportation

If the info on PTS goes to the hall and is not available for the rank & file to see exactly what do you file a grievance on.
Individual grievances are filed every day. The strange part is one would think a grievance would change behavior but the company has a pocket full of our money to pay them with (15% & pension contributions) and that's how they conduct business now. Just think if they weren't so arrogant and stupid or both we could make a profit. Be interesting to know how much they pay out in grievances nationwide I know in Dallas it is a lot of money

Grievances work. Back in the day I filed on brokers that Jackie Presser allowed in the master freight agreement. Guys got paid 8 hours for being left at home an extra 2 hours due to brokers. We collected tens of thousands of dollars and that was just brokers used between Chicago and Richfield.

To get started, I would recommend getting educated on the union and grievance process. For example did you know you can file a grievance of discovery for information on the brokers or purchase transportation? It doesn't matter that the contract says the company will provide the information to the union. You just have to get up off the couch and do it.

Grievances work. Back in the day I filed on brokers that Jackie Presser allowed in the master freight agreement. Guys got paid 8 hours for being left at home an extra 2 hours due to brokers. We collected tens of thousands of dollars and that was just brokers used between Chicago and Richfield.

To get started, I would recommend getting educated on the union and grievance process. For example did you know you can file a grievance of discovery for information on the brokers or purchase transportation? It doesn't matter that the contract says the company will provide the information to the union. You just have to get up off the couch and do it.

Jackie Presser, now that brings back memories.

So, would you rather have people like Jackie Presser back again, or todays leadership in LTL trucking?

I sometimes think it's the 1930's all over again.

We're not far from them Mud...

"Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?" lyrics by Yip Harburg, music by Jay Gorney (1931)

They used to tell me I was building a dream, and so I followed the mob,
When there was earth to plow, or guns to bear, I was always there right on the job.
They used to tell me I was building a dream, with peace and glory ahead,
Why should I be standing in line, just waiting for bread?

Once I built a railroad, I made it run, made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad; now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once I built a tower, up to the sun, brick, and rivet, and lime;
Once I built a tower, now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?

Once in khaki suits, gee we looked swell,
Full of that Yankee Doodly Dum,
Half a million boots went slogging through Hell,
And I was the kid with the drum!

Say, don't you remember, they called me Al; it was Al all the time.
Why don't you remember, I'm your pal? Buddy, can you spare a dime?

Once in khaki suits, gee we looked swell,
Full of that Yankee Doodly Dum,
Half a million boots went slogging through Hell,
And I was the kid with the drum!

Say, don't you remember, they called me Al; it was Al all the time.
Say, don't you remember, I'm your pal? Buddy, can you spare a dime?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4yT0KAMyo

Today, adjusted for inflation it would be "Buddy, can you spare $1.45?"

I took these last Monday, just to demonstrate what the log book and info looks like at 135 Hsbg. PA. Sorry there not better, I will take more this week and get the entire page, now that I know I can turn them.

I haven't seen the rail pctgs. Reports.I have seen the PTS reports like you have shown.The April report wasn't very thick.The August PTS reports is way thicker.