XPO | Time to get rid of unsafe tires

Also just let something happen out there and the first thing the company will ask you is if it was unsafe why did you take it. And throw you to the proverbial wolves...

That's just it. If you are in bad weather you are to pull over. If you have a safety issue you are to pull over. If you know there is a problem and continue, it's all on you. So we don't roll until we are able to roll safely. They can't say a thing. If you got some hot head that tries. Go over his head. Don't ever roll unless you are safe to do so.

Have them replaced? What are we to stop in route at the local tire dealer and have him put a decent set of tires on? I mean I told them for over a month mine were worn down to the replacement point but it didn't seem to matter.
Well than you should have refused to take it and red tag the unit. Grow a pair. Simple as that

Just finished a 100 mile peddle run up here in maine. Between 6 and 10 inches of snow, depending on where you were. Part of the run was local, the last two were out in the boonies. Unreal how lousy and useless these drives are in the snow. Almost 40 years experience in all conditions and I feel like I am driving a death trap on wheels. One of my coworkers described it as driving a coffin on wheels! Come on conway, let's admit we made a major mistake and fix it. How many guys are going to crash,burn, and die before entering do something? Safety first? I say safety third. Time and money are your only concern as far as I can see. My boss man gave us the choice this morning after working the inbound if we wanted to run or go home. We all decided to go out and get it done. Good thing we did or else we would be up the creek without a paddle come friday. Maybe next time I will say screw it, and bow out with a bad case of snow :censored: flu. That's it I'm all done for now!!! Speed safely, drive fast And take lots of chances.....

With 6-10 inches of snow, it doesn't matter what your drive tires are. The problem is that it's a single drive axle tractor. Even those heavy lug open shoulder tires we had were no good in any kind of measureable snow. Just because a tire "looks" like it should have great traction doesn't mean anything. The way I see it, if everybody is concerned about safety, we shouldn't worry so much about drive tires. If you can't make it out of the yard, you won't be able to run. Also, why are people only concerned about one out of the five axles(on a set). The drives aren't going to be the only thing to blame when you get sideways.

With 6-10 inches of snow, it doesn't matter what your drive tires are. The problem is that it's a single drive axle tractor. Even those heavy lug open shoulder tires we had were no good in any kind of measureable snow. Just because a tire "looks" like it should have great traction doesn't mean anything. The way I see it, if everybody is concerned about safety, we shouldn't worry so much about drive tires. If you can't make it out of the yard, you won't be able to run. Also, why are people only concerned about one out of the five axles(on a set). The drives aren't going to be the only thing to blame when you get sideways.

Getting sideways is a result of hitting the brakes. You've gotta stay in front of it. You do that with the throttle.

Are you guys talking about the Michelin X Multi Energy D tires? We have them at OD and when I was at FedEx they used them there as well. I really dislike this tire in the Midwest when we get snow for the reasons stated. Thankfully, we've had an easy winter here so far. On our city trucks they put on some really nice knobby tires.

Are you guys talking about the Michelin X Multi Energy D tires? We have them at OD and when I was at FedEx they used them there as well. I really dislike this tire in the Midwest when we get snow for the reasons stated. Thankfully, we've had an easy winter here so far. On our city trucks they put on some really nice knobby tires.
Mild winter out West this year too. We got hit hard (for the West, that is) winter of '13-'14, so this year has been a breeze thankfully. I feel sorry for you guys back East!

I bet if he had Con-Way tires he would have no problem at all.
08kzKqp.jpg