TForce | Tip Tally

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
i only started counting starting last week, but i thought it would be interesting to keep a tally on how much tips we are all making:

$110

This is nothing to sneeze at. This could be considered a part-time job. AND TAX FREE.

You can tell the customer, "curbside delivery." And, i agree and support you if that's your choice because that IS the company policy.

But i think we just might see that simping pays.

1) i recently started a policy of automatically helping residentials because we are ALWAYS late and our customer service SUCKS (Today i got sent to the bill to address for a pickup, not that actual pickup location. Meanwhile the customer has been trying to get this picked up since last week.......) So, i figure it's the least i can do as a human being.

2) After seeing someone close to me have a health scare over the weekend, perhaps we should actually be HAPPY for the occasional inside delivery? We should be happy with Lakeshore, Yankee Candle (you southern boys probably don't know what yankee candle is? Probably best that way). As P+D city drivers we are constantly out of the truck bs'ing with customers, not sitting all day. And, perhaps LTL city may actually be the healthiest form of trucking?

) After seeing someone close to me have a health scare over the weekend, perhaps we should actually be HAPPY for the occasional inside delivery? We should be happy with Lakeshore, Yankee Candle (you southern boys probably don't know what yankee candle is? Probably best that way). As P+D city drivers we are constantly out of the truck bs'ing with customers, not sitting all day. And, perhaps LTL city may actually be the healthiest form of trucking?

Go to the Dollar General sometime and watch the driver unload a 53' in the hot southern sun.
That is earning your pay...

) After seeing someone close to me have a health scare over the weekend, perhaps we should actually be HAPPY for the occasional inside delivery? We should be happy with Lakeshore, Yankee Candle (you southern boys probably don't know what yankee candle is? Probably best that way). As P+D city drivers we are constantly out of the truck bs'ing with customers, not sitting all day. And, perhaps LTL city may actually be the healthiest form of trucking?

Go to the Dollar General sometime and watch the driver unload a 53' in the hot southern sun.
You're right, these guys don't know about hard work.
Sometimes I have to get out of my recliner and walk across the room for the remote if Mama forgets to bring it back to my chair.
And those trips to the frig can be hell if she's not around.

Keep posting how much you enjoy setting up, taking tips from TForce customers and I guarantee you will be terminated for it soon with the offense being that you can't keep your mouth/keyboard quiet about it........

Ain't worried about it; My TM knows all about it.

Now he did say THIS:

NEVER TAKE A TIP FROM LAKESHORE EVER!

WARNING:
NEVER TAKE A TIP FROM A LAKESHORE CUSTOMER OR LAKESHORE CREW!!

i've done Family Dollar before i got into LTL, so i know all about it.

Ain't worried about it; My TM knows all about it.

Now he did say THIS:
NEVER TAKE A TIP FROM LAKESHORE EVER! i wish i could bold this.

WARNING:
NEVER TAKE A TIP FROM A LAKESHORE CUSTOMER OR LAKESHORE CREW.
Wow I hope you have that in writing LOL....... you just outed your TM that he knows and is ok with it on a public forum SMH.......He ain't taken a bullett for you and I GUARANTEE you he will deny it. You play with fire carry on.

I've handled one or two grievances about that very subject.
Now UPGF policy was, accepting a tip is not prohibited, it is between the Customer and the driver and is not encouraged.
Soliciting a tip or taking a tip in trade of "accessorial charges" is theft.
If a driver preforms an inside delivery as a result of being tipped when that was not on the D/R that put you into the grey area.
I presume TFI policy is similar.
Example: I had a P&D driver who was tipped, he carried the boxes into the house, the customer called to return the product. The Company told her to have it boxed and ready for p/u, she told them she gave the driver $XXX for that on delivery. He was off a few weeks till we got him back..
Be careful.....

Who really gives a ::shit::, truck driver jobs are a dime a dozen. If he has a spotless record he will have a new (possibly better) job by the time the cock crows tomorrow if they fire him. This company aint worth the simple worries.

I used to think ltl p&d was a good way to stay in shape. Then I got older. I've torn both rotator cuffs 6 years apart, and now my right knee hurts. After the last shoulder surgery the doctor said find something else to do. He's worked on lots of drivers like me. I said well it's good money. He said 10% less money, 10% better life. Or I could come back and see him in a few years. I work for Frito lay now. Best move I've ever made. And the money is better too.

I used to think ltl p&d was a good way to stay in shape. Then I got older. I've torn both rotator cuffs 6 years apart, and now my right knee hurts. After the last shoulder surgery the doctor said find something else to do. He's worked on lots of drivers like me. I said well it's good money. He said 10% less money, 10% better life. Or I could come back and see him in a few years. I work for Frito lay now. Best move I've ever made. And the money is better too.

Amen!!!!
You should have been around years ago, when trucks weren't triple air-ride, steel springs, no power steering, short wheelbase cabovers, no A/C or radio. Ain't a freight man out there that longs for those days.......