Yellow | Tips for Being Green

Going green? With Yellow's "hands OFF" approach to maintenance that it practices today, how do they expect to "go green"?...

Man Made Global Warming is the greatest Hoax ever perpetuated on Mankind.

The only Green I want Yellow to care about is the GREEN of cash to keep our paychecks coming!!!!! Quit worrying about things that cost extra "for PR". Get back in the Freight Business!

I painted my self green does that count. When you get trucks that get 0.4 mpg on pulls do you think they care?

Man Made Global Warming is the greatest Hoax ever perpetuated on Mankind.

The only Green I want Yellow to care about is the GREEN of cash to keep our paychecks coming!!!!! Quit worrying about things that cost extra "for PR". Get back in the Freight Business!

It is PR and PC. To some customers, green is very important. Doesn't really matter why.

In any case, I thought you just might want to see some other drivers. I'm not pushing this as the be all end all.

Crock O'Crap

My backyard was formed by a HUGE glacier many, many,many eons ago, hence, the Ice Age Center 2 miles away. Neanderthal man wasn't driving his SUV at the time - although I'm VERY sure he wishes he was. The earth is ALWAYS warming and cooling and always will, for now and forever..........

It is PR and PC. To some customers, green is very important. Doesn't really matter why.

In any case, I thought you just might want to see some other drivers. I'm not pushing this as the be all end all.

Its a good marketing thing and everybody is doing it. Now lets all enjoy the best violinist in the world, Lucia Micarelli, in her green dress.. :shades:

[list type=decimal]
[*]YouTube - Violin-Solo-Lucia Micarelli
[*]YouTube - Josh Groban Awake Live: Lucia Micarelli - Kashmir
[/LIST]

According to Rush Limbaugh, global warming is a natural phenomenon.

It is! So is global cooling. Hence, the part of man-made consequences is a hoax; to put on more controls and steal more of our money thru controlling taxes while we are made to bow down to the Global Government that wants to be god (small g)........

The debate is not over, Al

It is! So is global cooling. Hence, the part of man-made consequences is a hoax; to put on more controls and steal more of our money thru controlling taxes while we are made to bow down to the Global Government that wants to be god (small g)........
Yes, I remember the coming of the New Ice Age, just a couple decades ago. Then there was the Freon crisis...whatever happened to the ozone hole anyway? I guess it just healed itself as the media and the grant seeking "scientists" moved on to a bigger and more lucrative crisis. Global warming, yeah right...follow the money trail!

YRC Worldwide drivers giving tips for being green. Right now it is only Roadway and USF Reddaway, but BZ promised someone from each operating company.

YRC Worldwide

I was just wondering when that green page went up? I was watching "Squawk Box" on CNBC about 3 or 4 weeks ago and a question was asked of Bill Z about what the company was doing to go green, or something similar. Anyway, it looked to me he was kind of caught off guard and didn't do a really good job with the answer.

I was rather surprised that he didn't mention the Natural Gas fueled tractor that was a test program between the City of Phoenix, AZ and the company, think that project was started in 2003.

Also, thought he'd make mention the governed speed of line tractors to 64 MPH at Yellow and I'd assume Roadway, this long before this current wave of tractor speed cutbacks by the competition...

And then there is also the charter membership in the EPA SmartWay Transport Partnership.

Was this page put up after that appearance on CNBC's "Squawk Box?"

Since I have a healthy self interest in my welfare which is somewhat tied to YRCW doing well, good PR can certainly help the company move forward into better times if everything else is in order. I think this is a good idea and money well spent, it certainly is on many peoples minds.

Jimmy B

SLC Green

We are GREEN here
Over the years the dirt area in the back lot has been used to dump spills and other related materials.
Add washing the city trucks over the drains in the yard that empty into the pond that produced the state record catfish and we got all the green we need.
Why do we wash city units this way ? If they use the steam bay they would have to use a Teamster to do it.

We are GREEN here
Over the years the dirt area in the back lot has been used to dump spills and other related materials.
Add washing the city trucks over the drains in the yard that empty into the pond that produced the state record catfish and we got all the green we need.
Why do we wash city units this way ? If they use the steam bay they would have to use a Teamster to do it.

Just wondering about the catfish.How many eyes did it have and could it walk or fly ? I hope at least a teamster caught it.

If they use the steam bay they would have to use a Teamster to do it.

Reminds me of when I seen Dave M. supervising professional (LCP then and HSB now) trying to fix the roofs of the trailers with placards instead of sending them over to the shop where they at the time had 9 mechanics laid off. I told him that was not his job to be doing and he just laughed. Told the local 771 and at the time Union steward Rodney B. now Supervising professional in HSB. Rich C. the former BA at 771 swore Rodney was a union man and just needed to be reeled in once and awhile. Guess when Rich retired no one was there to "reel" that Pinkerton back in. Anyhow, nice to see the same old same old alive and well. Finally, OSHA was called in on LCP because their dock was so dirty from the build up of dirt and etc. A solid layer of black dust all over and everywhere, including the break rooms. Breathing that in all day left you with that black stuff in your lungs, nose, and every where. Project one thing and do the complete opposite. One big game of misdirection, love it, think green... :shades:
We_never_sleep.jpg