Yellow | TM got the ax today

Scared!

From what I've seen the supervisors and managers have a scared look on their faces since they heard about the merging of Yellow and Roadway! There are so many "clicks" at Yellow that might be busted up if the Roadway boys take over! Look for a lot of these "fluff jobs", especially at the Distribution Centers, to be eliminated starting next week! We don't really need a lot of extra coordinators, managers, and pencil (computer key) pushers around making big salaries for doing very little! Yellow will double up the work on the remaining supervisors and make them more miserable than they already are! It ain't gonna be a fun place to work the next 14 months!:chairshot:

Is that the same Brad Jones that was the CEO off USF Red Star until he got run out of town and died in a helicopter crash on his horse farm?

It is one in the same. He also was the same person who did a"Time study" for Mushroom transportation (I worked their casual in 1972). He put streamers down from the ceiling of the terminal and instructed the men that they were not to raise the freight on the fork trucks any higher then the streamers. Mind you this was an open air dock. When the wind blew the streamers were blowing all around.
I was not happy as others were when he died, my heart does not function that way. But, he was not a compassinate person who cared for the working man. HE WAS THE ONE THAT CALLED US "BUMS". God is his judge, not me.

It is rumored that TM Ed M. and Family spent the weekend in CNC looking for real estate. It is said that TM Ed M. will be sent to CNC where he will "retrain" under the watchful eye of TM Gary F. :sadwavey:

The Company has a lot of time and training invested in "Little Eddie M." I'm sure that if any of this is true, he will land on his feet. I've never worked for a guy like him that was willing to actually listen when you spoke and found humor in some of the crap that went down in Grievance hearings.....I thought it comical when Brad tried to take the $40,000.00 RV that he had outfitted as a mobile office, (he refused to sleep in the motels that he put us up in) he claimed that it was HIS all along....USF said, "er ah excuse me Bradley, you bought that with company money and outfitted it with company money as well, we think it should stay here thanks...."What a hoot.

ya gotta be there

I always had the impression that was a well run terminal from my observation and talking to guys working there.
That was my take on WRN also... I guess things look different when on the outside looking in?