Central Transport | to dave k and john h

fester

TB Lurker
Credits
well has anyone heard anything more about pins it was told that once evrything was settled down with the union talk that they were going to see about changing the way they were doing the pins i havnt heard anymore about it since hey dave k or john h have you forgotten what youve said or are you still working on it how about a memo there are some terminals getting ready to bid and alot of people are changing what they bid due to the pins not being taken care of i know you guys monitor this site so how about somekind of response either here or a memo im sure you can let us know atleast if you are working on it we were seeing you guys everywere but now were are you we have held up to our end you know were we stand now were are you standing

I wish that you had put this on the union/non-union debate forum. Now Vitran's management knows where you stand, so good luck. I know they will treat you well.
:smilie_132:

well has anyone heard anything more about pins it was told that once evrything was settled down with the union talk that they were going to see about changing the way they were doing the pins i havnt heard anymore about it since hey dave k or john h have you forgotten what youve said or are you still working on it how about a memo there are some terminals getting ready to bid and alot of people are changing what they bid due to the pins not being taken care of i know you guys monitor this site so how about somekind of response either here or a memo im sure you can let us know atleast if you are working on it we were seeing you guys everywere but now were are you we have held up to our end you know were we stand now were are you standing

up screwed up dude!!!!!!!!!!:hide:

i dont see how i screwed up im just saying what a lot of people are thinking i dont feel like i need to wait for someone else to talk for me ive never had a problem with talking for myself and i aint afraid of managment treating me baddly just because i ask them a question and why should i post on the union nonunioun forum this is about vitran employees not union employees but thanks for the good luck :shrug:

didn't you guys get a raise of a cent or three raise to cover or replace the pin pay? Quit crying your still getting paid 8 cents per mile more than Chris drivers. Holy crap if you guys think your so friggin mistreated go to the wage and hour board or hey J.B Hunt is hiring. Why stay were you are so mistreated and under paid?

oh yeah this one will problay be blocked but if you guys want to go union go work for a union company friggin suck it up and drive on!!!!

Heres another one since no one will problay see the other one because of big brother..... this comes from a Veteran.....do you realize that there is a war being fought? Our troops are dying and sleeping at times on the ground. Infrantry soldiers carry one set of cloths....today in Iraq it will be over 100 degrees.....most troops haven't had a MCDoanads cheese burger in over a year.....oh yeah and with the hours they put in divided by the pay they are doing it for less than minimum wage. You should including I should be ashamed of or selfs for even complaing about such little things! You have a choice if you don't like it the bricks....

otr just for your info we were told they were going to change the way they were paying us on our pins i wasnt complaining about any of the things you are talking about maybe you should know what you are talking about before you start ranting i dont remember saying anything about the war or big brother :smilie_132: as far as that goes

Speaking Of Hitting The Bricks Hows Your Wife And Kids How Do You Like That Big Red Pete Shame You Arent Still Here At Vitran We Seem To Get Paid A Little Better On This Side

How Do You Like That Big Red Pete Shame You Arent Still Here At Vitran We Seem To Get Paid A Little Better On This Side[/quote]

i guess i should not have brought up you leaving your wife and kids but it has about the same to do with this as the war in iraq does and for your info i have friends over there fighting and they seem to be happy to be there supporting our country so have a good day and good luck trying to get back in vitran :1036316054:

well lets see I don't drive a big red pete and I do work for Vitran. My point that I was tring to make:: everytime I read this place the majority of it is how bad the company is treating you guys and how underpaid you are! 2nd point it could be alot worse and if you think that you have it sooooooo bad here......who is forcing you to work here? As far as the girls that want to go Un***n why not go work for one of those companies and be in that little political rat race! Is there anyone that works at Vitran happy with there job or will admit they are making a good living? You have a job with benifits your making a good living......isn't there bigger things to worry or be concerned with? Yeah you had pin pay and you lost it but you were given a raise to compensate the loss, now it wasn't as I understand it as much as the pin pay, isn't that better than a swift kick in the stones?

Best Case Scenario-Somebody buys the corporation, furloughs Dave K and John H and puts them out of their misery.

Best Case Scenario-Somebody buys the corporation, furloughs Dave K and John H and puts them out of their misery.

You are only as good as the manag. around you. it starts at the top to correct the problems. I think they screwed up by letting Mike S. & Greg H. go, I even I had my run ins w/ both but they were very smart in moving freight & running the operation.

just out of curiosity for my dumb pjax a## what is a pins

pins is short for trailer kingpin. We use to get paid $5 per trailer pin that you either hook too or released, you never could get paid twice for the same trailer on the same shift. If you were running a short haul run with multiple stops pulling doubles, the money you made off the pin pay was as much as the mileage pay in some cases. Came out to a minimum of $200 extra dollars a week (10,000 a year), this is why some vitran drivers are still mad to this day, I've been over it, "same work for less pay" the song just keeps on playing.