Yellow | Top ten things I noticed when I climbed in my ABF truck the first time

Funny because most casuals in the unionized freight industry get the bottom of the barrel equipment. Assuming you started as a causal?

Started full time. Road tractors are road tractors to ABF. Drove a Mack today that had 600,000 on it & looked & drove better than any YRC truck that I have driven in the past 3 years.
ABF is still hiring in Dayton if anyone is interested.
They like hiring freight guys so they don't have to babysit them.

Instead of whining and complaining, series60 has done what he felt he had to do. I hope it turns out to be a good move for him.

I guess we all can whine and cry about YRC tractors.The ones i have driven were dot certified.Cosmetically they are far from a caddilac.Driver and switchers abuse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Instead of whining and complaining, series60 has done what he felt he had to do. I hope it turns out to be a good move for him.

Whining and complaining.... On here? Where did you get that idea?

Is there painted on the frame because YRC only buys them with rust ? Its a safety issue !!! :smilie93C_peelout:

That's what I said a month ago, someone should start a thread of where they are working now....Because all I heard is we voted yes to find other jobs, it seems series 60 is the only one to walk the walk....

That's what I said a month ago, someone should start a thread of where they are working now....Because all I heard is we voted yes to find other jobs, it seems series 60 is the only one to walk the walk....

Nope I'm gone also:). What a relief signing that resignation letter after working at abf for the last 5weeks.

Good for you & good luck I made the move 6 years ago....much better environment....

Thank you,for sure a whole different atmosphere.and a company whom fixes things when you write it up.actual parts to replace it and not pieces of placards cut in half and rivets and zipstrips.

Sounds like it is more of a reflection of how well abfs drivers take care of the company trucks.
Unlike some yrc drivers, who show no concern for others in the way they treat yrc trucks.
Good luck on your new job.

Hey. I have a 50853 today, with 1.4 million on it, dash intact, arm rest. But the sun visors are missing.

So I assume you took your vacations and then left YRC? Just curious how i would do it when I leave.

Yes sir,took all sick days and integrated them into my vacation to stretch it out for my probation period,but they are so laid back there I would not worry about the probation if you don't have enough days to stretch it.does give you a option though,just in case.

So I assume you took your vacations and then left YRC? Just curious how i would do it when I leave.

When I retired from YRC I told the op manager Friday would be my last day but I would sign my letter of resignation the following Tuesday. He ask why Tuesday and I told him so I would be paid for the holiday on Monday. His replay was gee, your not as stupid as I thought you were. Just the same banter that had be going on between us for years.

Nope I'm gone also:). What a relief signing that resignation letter after working at abf for the last 5weeks.
Congratulations and good luck. I have met several who left there and none have regretted it. Bummer about that vacation deal though. I hope they work something out for you like time off no pay if you want it.

Congratulations and good luck. I have met several who left there and none have regretted it. Bummer about that vacation deal though. I hope they work something out for you like time off no pay if you want it.

Well, I`m taking the plunge too. I`m going to start at ABF on Monday ( first going to burn vacation and sick days). The vacation issue bugs me, but continuing to work for a company that has no leadership and direction bugs me more I guess.

Well, I`m taking the plunge too. I`m going to start at ABF on Monday ( first going to burn vacation and sick days). The vacation issue bugs me, but continuing to work for a company that has no leadership and direction bugs me more I guess.
I can thoroughly understand that and ABF may well feed off of that for a while before the well runs dry because of the vacation deal.

No regrets so far. I keep waiting for someone to jump out of a door & say surprise, this place is just as screwed up as the place you left. I wondered why back in 2000 when ABF called drivers back from the Carolina merge, all those drivers that worked at roadway ran so fast back there you thought roadway was on fire. Now I know why.