XPO | tractor break ins

easttnhillbilly

TB Regular
Credits
i don't know what the security policy at conway terminals is but i hear last weekend several trucks at conway in blountville tn were broken into aparently there isn't even a fence around this yard but they had left there gate unlocked that weekend because it was the week for there trucks to get washed i herd that they even took the rear window out of one truck to gain entry in these times some people are getting desperate there have been several trucking companys broke into in this area everybody watch your stuff i guess this could happen anywhere with this economy

i don't know what the security policy at conway terminals is but i hear last weekend several trucks at conway in blountville tn were broken into aparently there isn't even a fence around this yard but they had left there gate unlocked that weekend because it was the week for there trucks to get washed i herd that they even took the rear window out of one truck to gain entry in these times some people are getting desperate there have been several trucking companys broke into in this area everybody watch your stuff i guess this could happen anywhere with this economy
I thought all the Service Centers had an electric fence; Besides, unless you leave your radio in the truck over the weekend, then what the hell are they going to steal?? It seems the fuel would be the only valuable thing in the truck. Unless of course they want to steal the truck.

I'm confused on the first post (naturally). How does it have a gate but no fence?

You do have to be careful desparate people will do you harm if you get into their way while they are breaking in. Being on the yard at night and sometimes alone (say to hook up/linehaul) you aren't able to watch as closely for intruders.

Who's leaving anything in a truck EVER?? :butthead::duh: The only thing anyone dumb enough to break into one of our trucks should get away with is a wisk broom!:tongue If you're one of those "it's my truck so I leave my stuff in it" guys, well...:boohoo:

Who's leaving anything in a truck EVER?? :butthead::duh: The only thing anyone dumb enough to break into one of our trucks should get away with is a wisk broom!:tongue If you're one of those "it's my truck so I leave my stuff in it" guys, well...:boohoo:

They are stealing your A/C switches and Factory radios while Armor-All'ing the floor,pedals and steering wheel as a distraction, so you won't notice.

:bicycle::roll1:

And the cruise controls...they are after the cruise controls.

Your right! :biglaugh: I forgot about that one. :thumbsup:

They are also governing the trucks back to full specs, adding an ashtray and spit cup while sweeping out the tractors for you guys.

Oh yah, open the glove box and you will find the Policy Manual.

I've been by there it is a small term that's on a small hill and has a cattle gate across the drive way I have a friend that runs out of there the lease is up and there looking for a new location for the term and yes as far as I know they leave all of there stuff in there trucks all the time

Unlocked gate and no fence around the yard. There has to be redneck joke in there somewhere.

Thief caught as he admitted himself to the hospital for treatment.
He told the doctors he got stuck climbing a Con-way fence.

woodengatenofence.jpg

I got owie climbing fence and broke my iPhone.
picture5l.jpg

What the heck....other than fuel fuel, what else are they going to steal? They try to steal the trucks...they won't even get out of the yard at 60 MPH before they decide to park it back where they found it. And at least at XCN, we don't leave anything in our trucks.

They are stealing your A/C switches and Factory radios while Armor-All'ing the floor,pedals and steering wheel as a distraction, so you won't notice.

:biglaugh: My factory radio is safe at the factory....ooops, almost forgot that the factory is closed too. ::shit:: Where is my radio now? :shift:

heard of this incident happening out here in california as well not too long ago. These guys need to get caught, they are inconveniencing among other things us workers who earn our income the honest way. dont we have security guards at all terminals?

I run out of NTR and there was a city guy that had left his radio box in the floorboard but the thieves thought his radio was too junky to steal. They cut the back window out of the city unit. They also stole all of the antennas off the back of the trucks. They got mine but I think it got hit by lightning so best of luck to em with that one. Yes we have a gate on both driveways but no fence. We've argued that point but they say it will cost too much to fence in the yard. I'm not really concerned about the tractors as I am my personal vehicle.

I think a bigger issue is employee lot security. What's protecting employees' cars at terminals when these guys are out on night l/h? I know our terminal has zero security for our vehicles, no fence, nothing. It's just pure luck that nothing's happened yet.